All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Rachels on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:59 pm
Rachels
Forum Contributor
Member #:01991
Does the moderator always comment on a newly uploaded image?
Do they offer negative  feedback as well as positive?
Thanks
Rachel Schneiderman
comments and critiques welcomed

by Gary Briney on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:55 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Rachel,

Excellent questions --- and as you probably would guess the answer is, it depends. Ideally every image post would have a response by at least one moderator, and that would usually be within 24 hrs. Response varies somewhat depending on the gallery in which the image is posted, the individual style of those moderators, and particularly on workload. Moderators are unpaid, and their everyday job and personal situation affect the time available to respond to NSN posts, as I'm sure you can understand. And yes, there is negative feedback, hopefully offered in a tactful way. Contributors also vary considerably in the degree of critique which they desire, and moderators will offer a fuller critique if it is requested.

An area where there is wide difference in opinion on feedback is in post processing --- many images which could be substantially improved in post may not get suggestions about pp, because some contributors either don't have the capability (e.g., don't use Photoshop) or desire to do much pp beyond basic brightness/contrast adjustments. Again, if suggestions about post processing are desired, just request it in the image post. If you want suggestions on pp as a "default" for your images, PM me and/or the moderator of the particular gallery.

[edit --- I just noticed that your signature includes a request for comments and critiques, which I think is an excellent idea.]

Gary
G. Briney

by Rachels on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:14 am
Rachels
Forum Contributor
Member #:01991
Thanks for your prompt and clear reply Gary.
I appreciate your constructive comments re pp and find them very helpful.
I will be reposting  some with revisions sometime today and look forward to your feedback.
Rachel Schneiderman
comments and critiques welcomed

by Gary Briney on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:39 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Just to close the loop, feedback on the revisions was provided to Rachel, including this post "Abandoned Burgundy" where an image sample is also included.
G. Briney

4 posts |