« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Joerg Rockenberger on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:22 pm
Joerg Rockenberger
Forum Contributor
Sorry for the off topic post but I am having trouble sending private messages. Specifically, after replying or even drafting a new one I submit them but they get stuck in the outbox and are never actually sent. I've tried editing them in the outbox and resending them but no luck. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks, Joerg

by Gary Briney on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:25 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Joerg,

Try sending a PM to me as a test. A PM shows in your outbox until the recipient opens the message so that adds an additional dimension to private messages.

Gary
G. Briney

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:46 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
That doesn't mean they aren't being sent. It means they aren't being read by the recipient. I have dozens just sitting there waiting to be read by people who sent me a PM asking a question and then never bothering to pick them up :(

by crw816 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:57 pm
crw816
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:That doesn't mean they aren't being sent.  It means they aren't being read by the recipient.  I have dozens just sitting there waiting to be read by people who sent me a PM asking a question and then never bothering to pick them up :(

I was wondering what that meant when a PM just sat in the outbox.  At times I have resent a few times thinking there was a server issue... my recipients must think i'm really impatient once they receive 4 messages all the same!
Chris White
www.whitephotogallery.com

by DOglesby on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:10 pm
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
Member #:01155
E.J. Peiker wrote:That doesn't mean they aren't being sent.  It means they aren't being read by the recipient.  I have dozens just sitting there waiting to be read by people who sent me a PM asking a question and then never bothering to pick them up :(
Ahhhhhh.  I did not know this!  Thanks for that clarification.
Cheers,
Doug

5 posts |