Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Sat May 31, 2014 11:40 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
When I am getting an image ready to post and click on "Preview", I can't go back and edit text. This has been happening for my last few posts. I don't remember it happening before recently. I usually have to post the image and then go in and edit it, if I don't want to start all over again. Unfortunately, I usually have to go in to correct typos or add something additional to my text before posting.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Gary Briney on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:42 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
SantaFeJoe wrote:When I am getting an image ready to post and click on "Preview", I can't go back and edit text. This has been happening for my last few posts. I don't remember it happening before recently. I usually have to post the image and then go in and edit it, if I don't want to start all over again. Unfortunately, I usually have to go in to correct typos or add something additional to my text before posting.

Joe
Joe,

The preview pane itself can't be edited, but the original text box is still editable. What browser and OS are you posting from?

Gary
G. Briney

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:15 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
The original text box comes up blank after previewing the post. It never used to. I'm using Google with Windows 7.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by nclements on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:12 pm
nclements
Development Team
Member #:99999
Can you confirm that the same thing happens when using IE or Firefox?

by Gary Briney on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:15 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
@Joe - If you click the View Source icon at the far right of the editor bar, your text will be visible again. Just remember to click View Source again after editing before you click Preview or Submit.

@Nicholas - I just now confirmed the problem which Joe reported with Chrome & Win7, and it doesn't happen with FF. The problem only seems to happen with an original image post, and not in other forms of the editor.

Gary
G. Briney

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:39 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Gary and Nicholas! I'll give it a try when I post again.

Joe

by nclements on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:13 pm
nclements
Development Team
Member #:99999
My suspicion, a recent update of Chrome has probably messed something up on the site. (Most people let Chrome auto-update which is no bad thing from a security point-of-view, but is a major headache for anyone who expects a website to behave in precisely the same way at all times.)

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:07 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
It worked when I followed Gary's advice. Another thing I forgot to mention is that after uploading an image, to add text I have to click on "Bold" once before the system gives me a cursor and then a second time to go back to regular type. The cursor doesn't appear initially when I click on the text box until I do as I said.

Joe

by Gary Briney on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Joe,

If you put the cursor at the extreme top left --- the equivalent of the first word of the first line --- then you'll get a text cursor.

Gary
G. Briney

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:48 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Just doesn't happen, Gary! It used to always work that way.

Joe

by Gary Briney on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:08 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Strange --- I just did it with Chrome v35.0.1916.114 m and Win7 before posting, and I checked it again now. Actually the first 'line' of the editor is active, changing the cursor to text insertion mode.
G. Briney

by SantaFeJoe on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:03 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
It does work, but it sure is fussy about the placement! Thanks, Gary!

Joe

12 posts |