All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by joseph motto on Mon May 19, 2014 7:29 am
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
When I am viewing the Recently Viewed Photos and click to enlarge one I am unable to return to the point I left. If I hit the back button I end up far upstream and have to work my way back to the point I left. Is there a way to avoid this?
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by Gary Briney on Thu May 22, 2014 3:50 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
I'm guessing you mean the "Galleries Home - Browse images recently posted." I'm using FireFox v29, and after clicking the back arrow, the scroll position remains the on the same row of images. What browser are you using?
G. Briney

by joseph motto on Thu May 22, 2014 11:17 am
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
Google Chrome. When I hit the back arrow I revert back to some point near the beginning of the images and have to scroll down quite a distance to get back to the image that I just enlarged.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by Gary Briney on Thu May 22, 2014 12:53 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Once you reach the equivalent of about "one page" on the Galleries Home and Editor's Picks pages, the unconventional scrolling causes return nearer to the top when the back icon is clicked. However, if you view the individual galleries, i.e., Birds, Wildlife, etc, which have conventional scroll and paging, then the scroll point is preserved when the back icon is clicked. At least this seems to be true for FF and Chrome. :)
G. Briney

by Greg Downing on Sat May 24, 2014 7:15 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Seems to work just fine in Firefox, Chrome or Safari for me whether you're looking at the main gallery with the infinite scroll or individual galleries. It takes me right back to the exact spot I was after viewing and individual post and then hitting the back arrow. Not sure why it would be different for you. One tip I use for looking at multiple images is to just command/ctrl click each image to open a new tab - then I just go through each tab closing them along the way as I view each image. This is what I do when I do EP's.

Please folks try and post forum usability questions in the help forum. It alerts me when someone posts there so I will likely see it faster..
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Gary Briney on Sat May 24, 2014 2:54 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Greg Downing wrote:Seems to work just fine in Firefox, Chrome or Safari for me whether you're looking at the main gallery with the infinite scroll or individual galleries. It takes me right back to the exact spot I was after viewing and individual post and then hitting the back arrow. Not sure why it would be different for you...
Yep, works fine today --- but it didn't on Thursday... :)
G. Briney

6 posts |