Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 13 posts | 
by Tim Zurowski on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:03 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
I have done searches and looked everywhere I can think of on the site, and I cannot find anything that explains how to renew the NSN Membership. Can someone point me to those instructions?

Thanks
Tim

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:42 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Maybe this will help:

http://www.naturescapes.net/store/natur ... rship.html

That is the link I was sent recently to renew my membership.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Royce Howland on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
The links found at the bottom of each forum page contain a series of pointers to useful information. One of which is titled "Become of Member of NSN", which takes you here:
http://www.naturescapes.net/information ... id-member/

From there you can find the link to the NSN store page for the annual fee; that's the same link Joe provided above.
Royce Howland

by Stephen Feingold on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:55 pm
Stephen Feingold
Forum Contributor
NSN is the only organization I have ever known not to send a reminder when membership is expiring. I find this short sighted.

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I received one recently by email, Stephen.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Stephen Feingold on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:30 pm
Stephen Feingold
Forum Contributor
Thanks Joe. Good to hear the process has improved.

by Tim Zurowski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:44 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Wouldn't the easiest and most logical thing to do is just have a "renew membership" link when you login under your profile? I went all through my profile and could find nothing that indicated anything about renewing membership/

by Gary Briney on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:04 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Tim Zurowski wrote:Wouldn't the easiest and most logical thing to do is just have a "renew membership" link when you login under your profile? I went all through my profile and could find nothing that indicated anything about renewing membership/
Tim,

Would you like to have an automatic renewal feature?

Gary
G. Briney

by Tim Zurowski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:21 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Gary Briney wrote:
Tim,

Would you like to have an automatic renewal feature?

Gary
Not really. I just think there should be a renew membership link not just a become a member link. For me it was confusing because it makes you think that NSN doesn't realize that you may already be a member and just want to renew, and may ask for all the info over again. If you are in your profile you should be able to just click "renew membership" and all your details will be automatically there. Then make the payment. Simple, and easy.

by Gary Briney on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:21 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
I understand -- thanks for your input!
G. Briney

by Gene Gwin on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:01 am
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
Have to agree with the original post. My membership lapsed a few days ago without any notice and the current method to renew is at best confusing. Seems a courtesy e-mail is appropriate. Seems a simple renew button is more appropriate.

by Greg Downing on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:58 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Gene,

We DO send renewal emails out. Check your spam folder. The renewal process is pretty straightforward through the renewal email but if you don't get the email it does not help to make it simpler. :)

I'll check with our team regarding a renew button aside from the email. Meanwhile you can renew here if you have not already done so:

https://store.naturescapes.net/naturescapes-membership/
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Gene Gwin on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:27 pm
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
Greg Downing wrote:Gene,

We DO send renewal emails out. Check your spam folder. The renewal process is pretty straightforward through the renewal email but if you don't get the email it does not help to make it simpler. :)  

I'll check with our team regarding a renew button aside from the email. Meanwhile you can renew here if you have not already done so:

https://store.naturescapes.net/naturescapes-membership/
Greg, I did check the spam folder and nothing was received.  It might be possible that my e-mail address is somehow not correct in your files and I will check on that.  I think a "renew" button might be difficult to place on the site.  Something at the bottom of the home page that is clearly labeled renew your membership would, I think, be more clear and easily accessed. 

13 posts |