« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by Royce Howland on Fri May 09, 2008 7:56 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
At the beginning of May 2008, NSN underwent its first complete overhaul since the site was launched 5 years before. Many things have changed by design, while others have changed just because that's the way the new software works. :) Hopefully it's almost all for the better.

To make it easier to get up to speed on the new site, here are some tips for issues we've heard about frequently. If you think of anything that should be added to this topic, PM one of the management team.

The font used seems too small [or large] for me to read comfortably. How can I change it?
In the upper right hand corner of every page, you will see three small buttons labeled "A+", "A" and "A-". Clicking the middle one will set the software to use the default font size. If you find this is too small or too large, click the "A+" or "A-" buttons to make the font larger or smaller. Currently, the font size will be sticky for you in the Forums section of the web site, but not elsewhere. The setting will become sticky everywhere, eventually, when we have a single login ID for all sections of the site.

How can I search for things?
This is too big a topic to fit in here, so I created a separate post for it:
http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB3/view ... 4&t=130512

I logged in with my user ID and password, but when I go to another page I'm told I'm not logged in!
This is almost certainly an issue with the browser -- cookies and/or cached pages. Sometimes the browser hangs onto something that creates a conflict with the NSN site login function. This is especially true if you have been seeing this issue since we upgraded to the new version of the site software on May 1, 2008; cookies or other cached info left around from the old version of the site can foul up the login function. Use your browser controls to purge the cache and all temporary files, and also to delete all cookies related to NSN. You must use the browser controls to delete the cookies, do not use the "delete all board cookies" link on the forum pages because it won't necessarily find all cookies that are causing the problem.
Royce Howland

1 post |