All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by James W. Milligan on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:31 am
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
This is an update on my on going installation of Lightroom. It appears the problem is with Windows installer and it seems to not like Adobe. Reader just updated and the install failed locking up the computer. This is the same issue with Lightroom. Thoughts anyone???

Jim

by Royce Howland on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:46 am
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Clearly your desktop machine has a problem. :( I recall you also mentioned you couldn't recover back to any system restore points. Given that and the failure of two different installers, I wonder if you have a corrupt Windows registry or something along those lines. You could try running Registry Mechanic and see if that helps. But basically, I think solving this is going to involve somebody with techncial expertise getting a direct look at your machine. (Unless you just want to rebuild it from scratch with a fresh Windows install.) There's probably not much more we can suggest because there's just too little info or visibility into the problem to diagnose what's going on here in the forum...
Royce Howland

by James W. Milligan on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:01 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
Royce,

Thanks for suggestion. Sorry I can't give more date but I really not sure what type of date would be relevant :( I want to add two more internal hard drives so this is a good time to ship it to my computer lady. I also noticed PS is starting to run slowly and this might be more proof of a registry problem. I have run Registry Mech and the machine will not restore to previous settings :evil: Oh well,thanks again for you time,have a great day.

Jim

by Royce Howland on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:24 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
That's the thing, probably we can't be sure what type of info would be relevant either. :) Sounds like a job for Computer Lady! Good luck, let us know what happens...
Royce Howland

4 posts |