All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by dbolt on Thu May 18, 2023 11:43 am
dbolt
Forum Contributor
Member #:00842
I have an i1display and an i1Studio. I can calibrate the monitor on the MBP using Calibrate Profiller with the I1Display attached. But, I can't calibrate a projector. Calibrate Profiller reports "Not currently available", or something to that effect when I select Projector. I have tried to install ccStudio and ccProfiller to see if either will calibrate a projector, but the installation does not complete and give a message that the installation failed. I have contacted Calibrite, but they were not very helpful.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

I would consider buying a newer calorimeter, but it seems to me that I'm probably doing something wrong that prevents the installation of both ccProfiller and ccStudio.

Doug
Douglas Bolt
Maryland, USA
http://dougboltphotography.com

by signgrap on Fri May 19, 2023 8:20 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Just in case. Did you have projector plugged in and running at time of check in? Projector needs to be available at time of check in.
Dick Ludwig

by dbolt on Sat May 20, 2023 9:39 am
dbolt
Forum Contributor
Dick,

Good point! Thanks for your attention to the matter.

Most of my attempts with Calibrite Profiler using the MBP (M1) were not performed while connected to a projector. Neither ccProfiler nor CCStudio will install on the MBP. But, both apps are installed on an old MBA (Intel), and both apps allow me to select a Projector even without a projector attached. I have not tried calibrating a projector using the old MBA because I need a computer that will run Photoshop cc at a reasonable rate.

So, my next step is to connect the MBP to a projector and determine if it will allow me to select and run the calibration. If that is successful, I don't need to install either ccProfiler or cc Studio on the MBP.

Doug
Douglas Bolt
Maryland, USA

by bobsmith on Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:34 pm
bobsmith
Lifetime Member
Member #:00313
dbolt wrote: Dick,

Good point! Thanks for your attention to the matter.

Most of my attempts with Calibrite Profiler using the MBP (M1) were not performed while connected to a projector. Neither ccProfiler nor CCStudio will install on the MBP. But, both apps are installed on an old MBA (Intel), and both apps allow me to select a Projector even without a projector attached. I have not tried calibrating a projector using the old MBA because I need a computer that will run Photoshop cc at a reasonable rate.

So, my next step is to connect the MBP to a projector and determine if it will allow me to select and run the calibration. If that is successful, I don't need to install either ccProfiler or cc Studio on the MBP.

Doug
I have problems having my ColorMunki Display connect with the XRite software on MB Pro M1…. I’m assuming the software is no longer compatible with the current Mac OS Ventura… But, it works on my IMac 27” 2017 model (Intel chip). So maybe it’s the USB 3 controller or the M1 chip….

by dbolt on Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:31 pm
dbolt
Forum Contributor
Bob,

You should contact Calibrite, but I think they have a fix for some of the older xRite devices.

I ended up buying a Calibrite Display HL pro. I did a wonderful job calibrating the first digital projecter I tried - the standard printer calibration image looked almost identical on the big screen compared to the laptop monitor. I was elated. But, (there is always a but) the software would not load when I tried calibrating a different projector. Calibrite suggested I plug the laptop into the power supply next time. Next time is here. I'll give it another try before a show on the 4th.
Douglas Bolt
Maryland, USA

5 posts |