Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by neverspook on Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:05 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
I want to be able shoot remotely using my iPhone (a 13 Pro). But when I try to connect my Canon R3 to the phone use the Canon Camera Connect app, it takes forever to connect and then it keeps dropping the connection, telling me to wait to reconnect etc etc. I have removed the app and reinstalled it, removed the wifi and bluetooth listings for the camera on my phone etc, but this problem persists, making it impossible to shoot remotely.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I had no such problems connecting to the R5...

I am not wedded to using Canon Camera Connect as the app for remote shooting if there is a better one out there. But I need it to connect via BlueTooth as I won't always have wifi access in the field.

Thanks,
Roberta Olenick

by bryantjl on Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:00 am
bryantjl
Forum Contributor
Have the same problem and have not managed to sort it out. My R3 just will not pair.

by neverspook on Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:02 am
neverspook
Forum Contributor
bryantjl wrote:Have the same problem and have not managed to sort it out. My R3 just will not pair.

Well, that totally sucks! Any idea if it is the camera or the app that is the problem? Expensive camera and I need it to remote shoot so this really is beyond annoying.....

by neverspook on Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:22 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
I called Canon Canada tech support and got this working properly. It is not clear to me what was different when I did it with tech support except that we did not use blue tooth, just wifi. And I turned bluetooth off on my phone, that seemed to help.

Happy now. :)

4 posts |