Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by TomWalker on Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:43 am
TomWalker
Forum Contributor
Getting the BSOD lately when using Photoshop and Bridge. Looked at the Microsoft page and got lost trying to figure out what they advised. Said to “Update Driver” but what driver did they mean? Anyone else have this problem? Began with a PS update a month or so ago. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Tom Walker

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:23 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Before doing anything else, clear the preferences files for PS and Bridge - you can Google that but generally you simply launch the applications while holding down the Ctrl-Alt-Shift keys simultaneously.

As for the drivers, they are referring to your graphics card drivers.

by TomWalker on Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:27 am
TomWalker
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Before doing anything else, clear the preferences files for PS and Bridge - you can Google that but generally you simply launch the applications while holding down the Ctrl-Alt-Shift keys simultaneously.  

E.J. Thank you so much, have just tried this and it seems to work. The problem I struggled with was periodic, so will see how the fix works over time. By the way, this was on the Dell XPS 15 which you recommended to me and I have been super pleased with. Thank you.

Not sure how Preferences would cause the problem but if reset is the cure, I am more than happy.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:29 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
TomWalker wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:Before doing anything else, clear the preferences files for PS and Bridge - you can Google that but generally you simply launch the applications while holding down the Ctrl-Alt-Shift keys simultaneously.  

E.J. Thank you so much, have just tried this and it seems to work. The problem I struggled with was periodic, so will see how the fix works over time. By the way, this was on the Dell XPS 15 which you recommended to me and I have been super pleased with. Thank you.

Not sure how Preferences would cause the problem but if reset is the cure, I am more than happy.
Virtually anytime something goes wrong in Photoshop, it is due to a corrupt preferences file.  It's something Adobe has been unable to address since the very early days of PS.  Always give that a try first.

4 posts |