All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by joseph motto on Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:07 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
Sorry, a foolish question and, if I recall, not the first time I have asked it. I hopped on Photoshop 6 to do some work and find that my shadow/highlights adjustment is not functioning. I can slide full right and left and nothing happens. I precede it by duplicating my background  layer. I must have turned something on or turned something off somewhere and I would appreciate someone showing me where.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:25 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Anytime something stops functioning in Photoshop or in this case, you probably mean ACR, not Photoshop, you have to clear the preferences file. You do this by launching the application while holding the Ctrl-Alt-SHift keys (Cmd -Opt -Shift on a Mac). But before you do that, if you have made any changes to your workspace, you should save it so that you can recall your workspace once you have cleared the preferences file.

by joseph motto on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 am
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
Worked like a charm. Thanks E.J.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by OntPhoto on Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:52 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Good to see another Photoshop CS6 user. There must be many of us still using this last perpetual license version. Money well spent.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:02 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
OntPhoto wrote:Good to see another Photoshop CS6 user.  There must be many of us still using this last perpetual license version.  Money well spent.
Count me as one of them :)  If I need to do something that Capture One Pro, Topaz and CS6 doesn't do and later versions of Photoshop do, which is very rare, I pop into Affinity Photo.

5 posts |