« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 18 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:07 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I downloaded the newest "upgrade" to Capture One Pro 22 (version 15.3.0) and have found it's full of bugs.  Very frustrating.  I use a PC w/ Windows 10 Pro.   I went on to their website and see others complaining of the same thing so you may want to wait until they get things figured out and repaired.  Hopefully, that will be soon.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by Scott Fairbairn on Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:18 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I agree, Bill. The update wrecked my catalogue and my backups, or at least , they would not open. It came up with a corrupted database, but when I tried my backups(the ones created by C1 and the manual backups I made), it still said they were corrupt. When I tried the verify or repair functions(methods from their help pages), they failed immediately, and when I tried the "restore" from backup, they hung and would not proceed. I tried older copies, and they still failed. The only thing that worked(thank God) was to create a new catalogue and import the old, "corrupt" catalogue. A huge time waster because it took a few hours to complete, but at least it saved my edits.
I am guessing, but I assume the attempt to create a similar interface to their iPad version and all the associated changes caused the problem.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:13 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Interesting, I've used it since about an hour after release including editing my entire British Columbia shoot with 9000 photos and haven't had a single glitch. I do not use catalogue mode though so if the bugs are all in there, I would not have noticed. The primary reason for the update was to make it compatible with the just released iPad version and it also added the smart erase brush.

by Bill Chambers on Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:55 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I use Session mode as well. I opened a support case with Capture One but haven't heard back from them. In the C1 forums there were several complaints about the upgrade with different issues than mine.

E.J., are you using Windows or Mac? The Mac users I've talked with aren't having issues.

If you would, please check this one issue against yours (if you're using Windows). It's just a minor bug, but something I use a lot so it's an irritant. Hitting "p" to open the Loupe, it works fine on the main viewing panel, but no longer works when placed over the Browser. I use this a lot when comparing details between similar files. It has always worked on Browser image before but no longer does on my system. I've talked with two Mac users and it still works on their Macs. I've also had either 2 o 3 crashes when trying to stitch panos. Had one crash when initially opening C! after the update, but have had no further crashes there.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:37 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
I use it on both platforms but most of my work is on Win 10. I'll check into your bugs in a day and a half or so as I just tore my machine down for some upgrades.

by Cindy Marple on Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:28 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
Bill, I am on Win 10 and just tried the Loupe shortcut and it works both on the viewer and the browser. I've had other minor issues that have been annoying though, such as thumbnails not properly generating and the browser sort suddenly shifting to "manual". I'm using Sessions and not Catalogs.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by Bill Chambers on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:01 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thanks Cindy for the info. Yeah, the browser "sort" issue has occurred to me several times and that also seems to be a common complaint on the C1 forums as well. Hopefully, they'll sort out my loupe issue soon.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:59 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
I have noticed the sort issue too but that was already there in the version before 15.3

by Tom In Arizona on Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:20 am
Tom In Arizona
Forum Contributor
Just saw where Capture One has released 15.3.1 service pack update. Here's a link to the Capture One release notes. I'd be interested in learning if this service pack fixes any of the issues reported in this thread.

Tom

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/5720952119965-Capture-One-22-15-3-1-release-notes

by Tim Grams on Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:01 pm
Tim Grams
Lifetime Member
Member #:00164
I had an issue with 15.2 and submitted a support ticket. It took close to 3 weeks to get a response. The response stated that a large part of their support staff is in Ukraine..... I was also told that 15.3 would resolve my issue so I downloaded that version. My original problem was in fact solved, but now I can't open any images from the grid view to do adjustments. I'm working with a catalog, Windows 10 Pro.

With C1 open, I used the "Check for Updates" link but the 15.3.1 doesn't show up. But when I went to the website I was able to download 15.3.1. That version fixed my latest problem.
Tim
http://timgramsphotography.com

by Cindy Marple on Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:29 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
I received a quick reply to my service request about the browser sort order saying it was a known bug and would be fixed in the next release. It didn't say the release was already out... Thanks for the notice of it here, I have downloaded it and so far haven't had the issue recur.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:58 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Cindy Marple wrote:I received a quick reply to my service request about the browser sort order saying it was a known bug and would be fixed in the next release.  It didn't say the release was already out...  Thanks for the notice of it here, I have downloaded it and so far haven't had the issue recur.

The last item on the Windows bug fixes has the potential for fixing the sort issue that Cindy brought up and I have noticed for a few versions:
Fixed an issue in the Browser whereby scrolling/panning would cause images to be rearranged

by Bill Chambers on Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:27 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I've downloaded the "fix", but it still didn't fix my Loupe issue.  I haven't checked on the other issues yet, but I will be opening another ticket with them on the Loupe problem.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:29 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
The loupe works normal for me on both 13.3 and 13.3.1

by ChrisRoss on Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 am
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
I'm on 15.3.1 and the loupe works fine on the main and browser windows. (win10 Pro)

My big issue since upgrading earlier this year is the way it deals with workspaces. I have two monitors have the library and floating tools on the second monitor and if the second monitor isn't powered up the tools all migrate to the main monitor. Used just go Window -> workspace and pick the workspace I saved and they would all go back. Now I have to click to a different workspace and then re-load the saved one I want use or the tools won't go back where they belong. Sometimes it takes a few goes. It's like the system says - "I'm already using that workspace I don't need to anything. "

I have opened a ticket but no response so far. The whole interface seems clunkier since upgrading from C-one 12 early this year. It also needs a refresh view button to force the browser to include new images loaded into in a folder I'm working from.

I also get an Microsoft.net unhandled exception error every time I open C-One. The error seems to be around not finding a file. I click ignore and everything seems to work OK after that. I guess I should open a ticket on that or perhaps wait a week or so and try 15.3.1 - they'll probably want me to do that first if I open a ticket. I also have to the close the resource hub after I hit continue.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:27 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
ChrisRoss wrote: It also needs a refresh view button to force the browser to include new images loaded into in a folder I'm working from.

I also get an Microsoft.net unhandled exception error every time I open C-One. The error seems to be around not finding a file.  I click ignore and everything seems to work OK after that.  I guess I should open a ticket on that or perhaps wait a week or so and try 15.3.1 - they'll probably want me to do that first if I open a ticket.  I also have to  the close the resource hub after I hit continue.
I can't speak to the multi-monitor issue you are experiencing because I don't use it that way but your refresh issue is interesting.  If I add photos to a folder that is loaded in C1, even if I do it external to C1, the images immediately appear.  I wonder if they are there but you are not seeing them due to the sorting bug that we have been discussing in this thread.  If so, 15.3.1 might solve that issue.

I also have never seen that Microsoft error.  It seems like you have a missing or corrupt Windows file.  You may want to perform a Windows repair to see if that solves the problem:
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3 ... guide.html

by ChrisRoss on Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:39 pm
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
ChrisRoss wrote: It also needs a refresh view button to force the browser to include new images loaded into in a folder I'm working from.

I also get an Microsoft.net unhandled exception error every time I open C-One. The error seems to be around not finding a file.  I click ignore and everything seems to work OK after that.  I guess I should open a ticket on that or perhaps wait a week or so and try 15.3.1 - they'll probably want me to do that first if I open a ticket.  I also have to  the close the resource hub after I hit continue.
I can't speak to the multi-monitor issue you are experiencing because I don't use it that way but your refresh issue is interesting.  If I add photos to a folder that is loaded in C1, even if I do it external to C1, the images immediately appear.  I wonder if they are there but you are not seeing them due to the sorting bug that we have been discussing in this thread.  If so, 15.3.1 might solve that issue.

I also have never seen that Microsoft error.  It seems like you have a missing or corrupt Windows file.  You may want to perform a Windows repair to see if that solves the problem:
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3 ... guide.html

Thanks EJ, The files not appearing has been an issue since v11, I think it's probably a bit better now, previously I had open another folder and then re-open the first one to see new files.  Now I normally need to sort by another parameter then go back to my preferred sort to bring images up - so the sort bug may indeed fix that.

The .net error only appeared after the 15.3.0 upgrade so that's why I thought the next upgrade might fix things.  I might go to 15.3.1 first then see if I need to do a Windows repair.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:51 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Chris, starting a couple of versions ago, C1 began using a Microsoft routine to check user authentication.  Every time you install a new version of C1, it now also installs a small MS utility that manages the authorization to use the software.  I'm guessing that's where the problem lies.  If so, hopefully the update to 15.3.1 will solve this problem since C1 reinstalls this every time.

18 posts |