All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:12 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
All of my Sony cameras, and I have had many including the current crop use the standard DCIM folder structure and the ingest programs I have used work fine. Specifically what is the problem you are experiencing.

I use Capture One, by the way and as long as C1 is open, the second I pop a memory card into the computer or connect the camera to the coputer, the ingestion module starts automatically and I can then proceed or do any kind of operation with regards to location, tagging, etc, that I want.

by signgrap on Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:12 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
archfotos wrote:Thanks for the response, apologize about the late return.  

At the moment I am still trying to work without going back to C1. So hopefully I can find a solution without going back to C1. I guess I'm trying to ingest files(both still & Movie) from a card into my hard drives without using a cataloging program that wants to read previews.  I'm now looking at Graphic Converter but again it seems like it wants to do too much browser, editor, etc..  I really want to ingest with a barebones software that's double checking validity of the files being transferred.

On a side note:  when you move files from one hard drive to another are you using anything to double check the transfer?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond 
I wonder if something like Breeze Systems - Downloader Pro ( https://www.breezesys.com/solutions/breeze-downloader/ ) would do the job?
Dick Ludwig

by gknorman on Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:45 pm
gknorman
Forum Contributor
I use Breeze Downloader Pro and don't believe it can find/download Sony video files from memory cards.  

The only app I know that does this - or at least used to, as I haven't used it in some time - is the Sony Imaging Edge app for desktop and mobile.  

See https://imagingedge.sony.net/en-us/ie-desktop.html

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:21 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
signgrap wrote:
archfotos wrote:Thanks for the response, apologize about the late return.  

At the moment I am still trying to work without going back to C1. So hopefully I can find a solution without going back to C1. I guess I'm trying to ingest files(both still & Movie) from a card into my hard drives without using a cataloging program that wants to read previews.  I'm now looking at Graphic Converter but again it seems like it wants to do too much browser, editor, etc..  I really want to ingest with a barebones software that's double checking validity of the files being transferred.

On a side note:  when you move files from one hard drive to another are you using anything to double check the transfer?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond 
I wonder if something like Breeze Systems - Downloader Pro ( https://www.breezesys.com/solutions/breeze-downloader/ ) would do the job?
All of the Breeze products are Canikon specific.

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:23 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
archfotos wrote: On a side note:  when you move files from one hard drive to another are you using anything to double check the transfer?
You shouldn't need to because both Windows and MacOS do a parity check as part of the transfer and if there is any discrepancy it will report a failed transfer.

5 posts |