« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:32 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Hi,
Is there any way to "lock" an image on the disk so that it cannot be deleted without a special permission(as in enter your password)? I am doing a submission for a publication and much to my dismay, I've found one of my favourite images has vanished from my Capture One library. I've found it all too easy to select more than one image and accidentally delete an image. Is there a way to prevent it from being deleted from within a program like Capture One? 
Thank you
Scott

by signgrap on Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:17 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Scott Fairbairn wrote:Hi,
Is there any way to "lock" an image on the disk so that it cannot be deleted without a special permission(as in enter your password)? I am doing a submission for a publication and much to my dismay, I've found one of my favourite images has vanished from my Capture One library. I've found it all too easy to select more than one image and accidentally delete an image. Is there a way to prevent it from being deleted from within a program like Capture One? 
Thank you
Scott
Scott, when you delete do you send your deleted image to the Catalog Trash in Capture One?  If you do you can review all the images in the Catalog Trash prior to deleting them from the disk.  In other words it's a two-step deletion process.  I always review all images in my Catalog Trash before I delete them from the disk. I'm using Windows 10, it might be a different process on a Mac.
Dick Ludwig

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:16 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
signgrap wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:Hi,
Thank you
Scott
Scott, when you delete do you send your deleted image to the Catalog Trash in Capture One?  If you do you can review all the images in the Catalog Trash prior to deleting them from the disk.  In other words it's a two-step deletion process.  I always review all images in my Catalog Trash before I delete them from the disk. I'm using Windows 10, it might be a different process on a Mac.

I'm sad to say I do not review the trash bin before deletion. My only hope is that I have a copy on one of my multiple disks. For a time period , I saved every download to a hard drive, then set it aside when it was full and started a new one. I'm hoping it's on there.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:30 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
One way to do it is in the OS itself by navigating to the image, right clicking on it, selecting the properties and selecting the Read-only flag.

4 posts |