Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:05 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
After uploading new images to my main computer, the first thing I do, using Adobe Bridge, is to put in Keywords.  
After that I use Capture One to grade, rate, and cull images.  After everything is graded, rated and the culls deleted, I then compare Capture One to Bridge and mark the Bridge files with the same ratings and grades as C1 so each file has the same grade and rating regardless of which program I use to view them in.  After marking the Bridge files I compare the grades, ratings, and keywords between the two programs to make sure they are identical.

Usually, the keywords I put in Bridge show in Capture One without a problem, but not today.

I'm using the latest version of both Bridge and Capture One Pro 22.

Just now, I went to Capture One to look for images, went to keywords and Ctrl+ Green grade, a rating of 4 or 5, and the category of Trees.  Only 96 images came up.  That didn't seem right so I went to Bridge and put in the exact same query and 417 images came up as available.

Both programs are looking at the same folder, and one sees 417 images matching the query parameters, and the only sees 96. This makes no sense to me at all.  Can anyone explain this?  Could this possibly be a glitch with the new version of C1?
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by aolander on Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:16 am
aolander
Forum Contributor
Can't help with you problem, but it seems like a lot of work to do it the way you're doing it. Aversion to Lightroom?
Alan Olander
Minnesota

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:01 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You will have to contact the CaptureOne support team, which you can do through their website to see if there is a known issue.

As for going forward, why not just use the Keywording feature in C1 rather than creating them in one app and then importing them to another. C1's token system for keywording can save a lot of time.

by Bill Chambers on Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:52 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:As for going forward, why not just use the Keywording feature in C1 rather than creating them in one app and then importing them to another.  C1's token system for keywording can save a lot of time.
I will try that, E.J., but until now they automatically came over to C1 without having to import them.  
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

4 posts |