Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by jnadler on Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:55 pm
jnadler
Forum Contributor
Finally bought a Sony CF Express Card and Reader for my Canon R5. I quickly encountered the issue that Lightroom Classic recognizes these cards as hard drives and not memory cards so files don’t get added to the library/catalog.  Numerous internet sites mention this but I don’t see a workaround. Given these cards are popular now, is there a process to get around this?

by Mark L on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:57 pm
Mark L
Forum Contributor
I don't use CF Express cards, but:

Lightroom will import from a hard drive (that is what I normally do; copy files from the SD card to a computer hard disk and then import to Lightroom).  It may not automatically "find" the image files, but you should be able to point to them, select the ones you want imported and then bring them in.

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:00 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Mark L wrote:I don't use CF Express cards, but:

Lightroom will import from a hard drive (that is what I normally do; copy files from the SD card to a computer hard disk and then import to Lightroom).  It may not automatically "find" the image files, but you should be able to point to them, select the ones you want imported and then bring them in.
I do something similar. I use a Windows 10 laptop (fast Intel core i7) to import images from a CFexpress card to an external Sandisk SSD. I then plug the SSD into my Windows7 (slow) desktop where I have Lightroom installed and import images. My problem is that I don’t know how to make LR recognize and open D850 RAW files yet!

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by photoman4343 on Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:38 am
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
I do not use Lightroom so this comment my not help.

For my XQD cards in a Sony XQD card reader, with images from a Nikon D500 and D850, the same thing occurs. My win 10 laptop recognizes the card reader as a drive with a specific letter, like D. Then it recognizes the XQD card in its slot with a different drive letter, like E. I just click on E drive, then look for the storage folder with the images (Under DCIM folder) and download the images to a file folder created in Downloader Pro, the program I use to download images.
Joe Smith

by Ed Cordes on Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:45 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I have been importing from a CF Express card for over a year without issues. I just navigate to the CF Express folder in the import dialogue and import as usual.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by jnadler on Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:02 am
jnadler
Forum Contributor
Figured it out.  Copy instead of Add

6 posts |