« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 14 posts | 
by Ed1946 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:52 am
Ed1946
Forum Contributor
Been looking for information on post processing software for the High Efficiency Raw format offered in the new Z9.  i'm thinking at some point many of the post editing software (LR, PC, C1,etc) will be doing updates at some point. Wondering if photos being posted now are only in jpg.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:35 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Ed1946 wrote:Been looking for information on post processing software for the High Efficiency Raw format offered in the new Z9.  i'm thinking at some point many of the post editing software (LR, PC, C1,etc) will be doing updates at some point. Wondering if photos being posted now are only in jpg.
All are jpeg and most reviews claim that,  There is currently no way to process Z9 RAW files from the pre-production cameras.

by Scott Fairbairn on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:51 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
And, if Nikon's history of delivering products is any indication, by the time people get the cameras, the support will be available. Nikonrumors is saying that the number of pre-orders is extremely high, so it may be some time before people get the camera.

by Ed1946 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:30 pm
Ed1946
Forum Contributor
Thanks guys for the info. I got curious with all the previews about function and features but not much about the Nikon RAW format. I expect that post processing editing on the Nikon HE RAW file will come eventually.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:17 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Ed1946 wrote:Thanks guys for the info. I got curious with all the previews about function and features but not much about the Nikon RAW format.  I expect that post processing editing on the Nikon HE RAW file will come eventually.
In all likelihood RAW processing will be available before you can actually get a camera :)

by Ed1946 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:34 pm
Ed1946
Forum Contributor
I have no real expectations of delivery given the new norm. I did preorder from a big box place on first day they accepted preorders. My cameras are several generation ago and was waiting for this one. The supplier site indicated a projected ship date mid Dec. After I got off the floor from laughing I checked and they did charge my card. Guessing they want to be sure I was serious buyer and not one scarfing up stock for resale. Now just give me patience. I do have some 2022 trip planned starting in the spring. They did say there could be issues and timing could change. It is what it will be.

by adamsti on Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:47 pm
adamsti
Forum Contributor
Ed1946 wrote:I have no real expectations of delivery given the new norm. I did preorder from a big box place on first day they accepted preorders. My cameras are several generation ago and was waiting for this one. The supplier site indicated a projected ship date mid Dec. After I got off the floor from laughing I checked and they did charge my card. Guessing they want to be sure I was serious buyer and not one scarfing up stock for resale. Now just give me patience. I do have some 2022 trip planned starting in the spring. They did say there could be issues and timing could change. It is what it will be.
I have a preorder at B&H, and the charge did show up, only for a couple of days. It then drops off your card and they do not actually charge until the item ships. Don't know about the other stores.
http://www.timadamsphotography.com

by flygirl on Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:10 am
flygirl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00824
Ed1946 wrote:Been looking for information on post processing software for the High Efficiency Raw format offered in the new Z9.  i'm thinking at some point many of the post editing software (LR, PC, C1,etc) will be doing updates at some point. Wondering if photos being posted now are only in jpg.

The Nikon Studio program just received its update for processing the Z9 images.  I put my NPS pre-order in within a hour of it becoming available.  We will see if the Dec 15th shipping date holds.

Nancy

by wdg on Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:45 am
wdg
Forum Contributor
With 3500 cameras produced each month and over 40,000 orders, I’m wondering when I might get the camera even with priority ship
:|
(Numbers are reported but not verified- rumor?)

by david fletcher on Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:55 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
wdg wrote:With 3500 cameras produced each month and over 40,000 orders, I’m wondering when I might get the camera even with priority ship
:|
(Numbers are reported but not verified- rumor?)
The maths don't look good.  I ordered the 100-400 and was told by my retailer that I might get the Z9 the same time.  LOL.  (best not to kid a kidder).. .  The least I hope is to get the 100-400 mid Dec' but hope also the sales speak is not  ....Nah!  getting both in about 6 months.....  :(
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by bobsmith on Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:35 pm
bobsmith
Lifetime Member
Member #:00313
Received my first Z9 Dec 27, two day air. ON1 Raw does not support the RAW Z9 files yet, so using Nikon Studio to open, then export a psd file to edit. I understand both Capture One 22 and Adobe Camera Raw will open the Z9 Raw file.

by Scott Fairbairn on Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:04 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
bobsmith wrote:Received my first Z9 Dec 27, two day air. ON1 Raw does not support the RAW Z9 files yet, so using Nikon Studio to open, then export a psd file to edit. I understand both Capture One 22 and Adobe Camera Raw will open the Z9 Raw file.

Do they open all three raw formats? I'm assuming the high-efficiency versions are a different format?

by flygirl on Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:09 pm
flygirl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00824
I have been using the Nikon Studio software.  No issues.  Works a treat.  iso 10,000, f/5.6, 1/400, handheld, Nikon 500 f/5.6 PF lens.  Then I export as a 16-bit Tiff for Photoshop.

by Walter Rowe on Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:54 pm
Walter Rowe
Lifetime Member
Member #:00177
Scott Fairbairn wrote:Do they open all three raw formats? I'm assuming the high-efficiency versions are a different format?
Capture One 22 opens the lossless compressed Z9 files, but does not yet support the TICO-raw High Efficiency files.
Adobe supposedly opens all formats but I have not tested it. I got my Z9 on Dec 23rd.
Walter Rowe | WalterRowe.com

14 posts |