« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by gknorman on Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:21 pm
gknorman
Forum Contributor
Recently I have been using Photo Mechanic to quickly scan and rate my images, then loading all images into LR CC and using the LR Library Filter: Attribute to selectively review and edit only those with a rating >=3 stars.

Using the Sony A1 frame rate between 10-30 fps for bird shooting for a few months, I am now accumulating far more images than I care to load into LR CC, so am seeking an "automated routine" to upload only those files rated >=3 stars in Photo Mechanic.  The current manual process I am using is much too tedious for handling the 3+ TB of images I just brought home from 2 weeks in Iceland with Naturescapes.

Can anyone suggest how they have managed to do this?  If possible, my preference is to preserve all images on my DAS drives for "posterity", rather than simply delete them after the Photo Mechanic culling process.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

by SVincent on Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:35 pm
SVincent
Forum Contributor
Photomechanic has a mechanism to help with this when importing into Lightroom.  This short video explains it very well.  See if this is what you're wanting to do...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lCqlt_ht8A

by gknorman on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:02 pm
gknorman
Forum Contributor
Very helpful, SVincent - thank you!

by SVincent on Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:15 am
SVincent
Forum Contributor
gknorman wrote:Very helpful, SVincent - thank you!
Glad that was helpful

4 posts |