All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by flygirl on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:26 am
flygirl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00824
I know most Nikon folks here do not use NX-D, but I have been using it for years.  Anyway, today Nikon came out with a new version called NX Studio.  It is suppose to combine the goods of both NX-D and NX-I.

https://www.nikon.com/news/2021/0304_soft_01.htm

by LHays on Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:09 am
LHays
Lifetime Member
Member #:00040
I downloaded it this morning. I hadn't "dabbled" in the Nikon software much. However, this has intrigued me....I'm anxious to try it out.
Lana Hays
NSN 0040
[url]http://www.lanahays.com/[/url]

by signgrap on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:48 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
DPR has reviewed NX Studio:
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-nx-studio-review
Dick Ludwig

by photoman4343 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:48 am
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
I am going to try it out today as I use Nikon View NX-i and NX-D from time to time. On other blogs people have raised issues about where processed images end up and maybe the NKSC files that hold heywords, etc. . I am not exactly sure what the issues are but I will study Preferences carefully.

When you install Studio it will uninstall View nx-i but nt NX-D. If you need View NX-i you can install it again.

The download file for Studio is about half the size of the combined download file for Nx-i and NX-D.

Love using Nikon View NX-i to cull my Nikon RAW files. It renders the imbedded jpegs very fast and allows for fast culling.
Joe Smith

by photoman4343 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:40 pm
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
I installed Studio on a computer with a single monitor. After processing a few NEF images and exporting Tiff and Jpegs, I think it is a step up from the current NX-D. Control Points are easy to use for local adjustments and allow for about 6 or 7 adjustments for each control point. Cropping and image and exporting it took a little practice.

Just as a browser it is still very fast.

If you use a second display, make sure you click on Edit, Options, Viewer and select the option for a second display. Then see if it works as you would expect. The top toolbar in Studio is missing the 2nd Display Icon that is found in View-NX-i.

After using Studio, I tried to install Nikon View NX-i to see if it would work separately from Studio. During the install, the software said a newer version was already on my computer and stopped the installation of View-NX-i.

All of this was done on a Windows 10 Pro computer.
Joe Smith

5 posts |