« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by rene on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:28 am
rene
Forum Contributor
After a tip from EJ I installed Goodsync on my IMAC and downloaded the app on my Synology. I’m not that computer literate so I hope someone here ( perhaps with the same set up) can help me . I created a test folder with just 2 images on my desktop to see if it updates the same , but empty folder, on the DS418 but whatever I do I can’t see the 2 images on the DS418. I’m pretty sure I’m doing something not right but no idea what! Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks 
Rene de Heer 

by Ed Cordes on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:00 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
HMMM! I use GoodSync on my PC. I use it in echo mode (I tink that's the term) to do a one way back up from my tower HD to an external HD. I must set it up when defining the job to tell it which folder to copy from and the folder to which the files should be copied. To avoid possible issues the first time I run the job I create an empty folder on the target drive with the same name as the origin drive. This tells GoodSync what I want it to do. I have had no issues. I do confirm when it is done that the origin and target folders have the same number of files in it and are the same size. I hope this helps?
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by rene on Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:03 pm
rene
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the reply. It sounds very much like my set up however I back up to a NAS and I guess that there is the issue. As in that I haven’t configured it properly.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:34 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You may need a version for NAS:
https://www.goodsync.com/for-nas-synology

4 posts |