Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:19 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I've used Gigapixel for quite a while now and have never had a problem, but yesterday I upsized an image, saved it, and then tried to open it in PS CS6 for final sharpening.  I got an error message that you see above.

The message doesn't make any sense because the file I tried to open isn't very large (652 MB).  I cleared the message and then opened an image that is 1.3 GB and it opened just fine.  I uninstalled Gigapixel, ran CC Cleaner twice, rebooted, and redownloaded GP and reinstalled it (to Topaz Labs, NOT Topaz Labs, LLC) and tried it again but it did the same thing again.  Yesterday was the first time I used GP since the last update and I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem using Gigapixel v.5.3.2.

Also, I'm wondering if I can uninstall 5.3.2 and reinstalled an earlier version to see if that makes a difference?
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:48 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Sounds like a bug.  Topaz will likely issue an update soon, they seem to issue updates multiple times per week for their AI stuff.

Also, have you tried running the uprez again?  It may be some sort of file corruption.

by Bill Chambers on Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:13 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Sounds like a bug.  Topaz will likely issue an update soon, they seem to issue updates multiple times per week for their AI stuff.

Also, have you tried running the uprez again?  It may be some sort of file corruption.
Hi E.J.  I went back and completely reworked the processing from scratch just in case I screwed up something in the processing, but the result from GP was the same.  I haven't tried a different image yet; I'll try that next.  I looked on the Topaz website but didn't see any kind of notice about a bug, but yes, they do update their AI stuff, it seems, about every 25 minutes sometimes!  Hopefully, the issue will disappear with the next update.  Thanks for your response.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:09 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Bill, I just tried a large medium format image from a 100 megapixel back. I doubled the size in both directions resulting in a 23216 x 17416 pixel 16 bit prophoto RGB image that went from 578MB to 2.25GB. When I loaded it into CS6 I got an error message saying that the metadata for the file was corrupt but it let me open the file anyway with no problems. There is no metadata in the file after Gigapixel did it's thing. So I do think that this version of Gigapixel has some issues but at least in my case, it didn't prevent me from opening the file.

by Bill Chambers on Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:18 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Bill, I just tried a large medium format image from a 100 megapixel back.  I doubled the size in both directions resulting in a 23216 x 17416 pixel 16 bit prophoto RGB image that went from 578MB to 2.25GB.  When I loaded it into CS6 I got an error message saying that the metadata for the file was corrupt but it let me open the file anyway with no problems.  There is no metadata in the file after Gigapixel did it's thing.  So I do think that this version of Gigapixel has some issues but at least in my case, it didn't prevent me from opening the file.
Excellent, E.J.  Thanks for letting me know.  I did try another file in GP a few minutes ago and it opened fine, but it wasn't quite as large as the one that failed.  Hopefully, GP will respond with a fix quickly.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

5 posts |