All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by Martin 095 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:42 am
Martin 095
Lifetime Member
Member #:01126
I have a 2017 iMac currently running HS 13.6 and I want to upgrade to Mojave (the latest version appears to be 14.6).  When I download the this from the Apple website, I cannot run the .dmg file because I get an error saying I need Mojave 14 before I can install this update.  The problem is that I cannot find Mojave 14.0.  I have downloaded the 14.1 update and I receive the same error message.  Anyone have an idea how to get around this?  Thanks.

FWIW, I am not interested in upgrading to Catalina or Big Sur, though I doubt I would be able to do this directly, given the issues I am having with moving from OS X 13 to OS X 14.
Best wishes,

Martin
"[i]If there is a sin against life, it consists, perhaps not so much in despairing of life, as hoping for another life and eluding the implacable grandeur of this life[/i]." - Albert Camus

by Martin 095 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:27 pm
Martin 095
Lifetime Member
Member #:01126
I was able to get this downloaded – apparently you can only access the original OS X download via Safari. I just switched to FF as my default, which is what was causing the problem.
Best wishes,

Martin
"[i]If there is a sin against life, it consists, perhaps not so much in despairing of life, as hoping for another life and eluding the implacable grandeur of this life[/i]." - Albert Camus

2 posts |