Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 16 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:03 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I've gotten all these emails from Capture One on their new update, but I haven't seen anything about what the new update includes.  Looking on the web I see others complaining about the same thing.  It seems crazy for a company to push an update without revealing what has improved.  There's no way I'm paying for an update without knowing what's in it.

Does anyone know what is in the new version?
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by DChan on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:07 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Bill Chambers wrote:I've gotten all these emails from Capture One on their new update, but I haven't seen anything about what the new update includes.  Looking on the web I see others complaining about the same thing.  It seems crazy for a company to push an update without revealing what has improved.  There's no way I'm paying for an update without knowing what's in it.

Does anyone know what is in the new version?

They did the same thing for their upgrade from Capture One Pro 12 to Capture One Pro 20, which is actually 13. Nobody knows what is in the new version.

And I wonder how many actually ended up upgrading to 20 anyhow even though they felt the same way you do when Phase One asked people to pre-pay for it.

But, there's always discount code lying somewhere for you to use later on...so many influencers out there these days :-)

by Scott Fairbairn on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:47 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Well, if you really want to know, you can join their Beta testing program as I did a few years ago.

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:19 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
They will be doing an online sneak peak into 21 on Tuesday at noon Eastern. If you are a registered user you should have received an email today.

by Bill Chambers on Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:19 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:They will be doing an online sneak peak into 21 on Tuesday at noon Eastern.  If you are a registered user you should have received an email today.
Yes, I did get that email today.  Unfortunately, I will be working at the gallery all day on Tuesday so there's a good chance I will miss it.  I'm going to try though.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:21 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Bill Chambers wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:They will be doing an online sneak peak into 21 on Tuesday at noon Eastern.  If you are a registered user you should have received an email today.
Yes, I did get that email today.  Unfortunately, I will be working at the gallery all day on Tuesday so there's a good chance I will miss it.  I'm going to try though.
They will post it on YouTube.

by Bill Chambers on Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:02 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor

They will post it on YouTube.
Excellent.  I will check that out for sure.  Thanks, E.J.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:48 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grUFFB8 ... tureOnePro

They only talked about three of several new features today with others coming:

1.  Speed Edit - Basically allows you to hold down a key on the keyboard and use your scroll wheel to quickly change the most common photo editing function.  For example you could define E in the Speed Edit Menu to be Exposure.  All you need to do then is to hold down the E key and scroll your mouse wheel up or down to change the exposure.  In other words, you don't then need to go grab a slider and move it back and forth - it eliminates the need to interact with the screen and move the mouse around.  If you use a pen you would just move the pen left or right while holding your defined key - no need to go grab the slider on the screen.  Trackpad users would use a two finger drag.  For tiny adjustments you can also just use the left /right arrow keys. One benefit of this is that you can hide your tools (Ctrl/CMD - T) which gives you more real estate for the photo.

2. New Pro Standard camera profiles - Designed to give you more consistent and smoother color gradients.  Overall it's an attempt to give better colors.  Initially for the 18 most used cameras among Capture One users and expanding in the future.  New cameras to be added.

3.  A third feature they previewed is that by hovering the mouse over a function, a small pop-up gives you a pictorial reference of what the tool tool does and a place to click if you want to learn more about that tool.

Release date has not yet been revealed.

by Scott Fairbairn on Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:39 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grUFFB8 ... tureOnePro

They only talked about three of several new features today with others coming:

1.  Speed Edit - Basically allows you to hold down a key on the keyboard and use your scroll wheel to quickly change the most common photo editing function.  For example you could define E in the Speed Edit Menu to be Exposure.  All you need to do then is to hold down the E key and scroll your mouse wheel up or down to change the exposure.  In other words, you don't then need to go grab a slider and move it back and forth - it eliminates the need to interact with the screen and move the mouse around.  If you use a pen you would just move the pen left or right while holding your defined key - no need to go grab the slider on the screen.  Trackpad users would use a two finger drag.  For tiny adjustments you can also just use the left /right arrow keys. One benefit of this is that you can hide your tools (Ctrl/CMD - T) which gives you more real estate for the photo.

2. New Pro Standard camera profiles - Designed to give you more consistent and smoother color gradients.  Overall it's an attempt to give better colors.  Initially for the 18 most used cameras among Capture One users and expanding in the future.  New cameras to be added.

3.  A third feature they previewed is that by hovering the mouse over a function, a small pop-up gives you a pictorial reference of what the tool tool does and a place to click if you want to learn more about that tool.

Release date has not yet been revealed.
Did they mention any other features? 

by Bill Chambers on Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:43 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thanks E.J. I tried watching it but ended up only seeing a minute or two here and there because of pesky customers!!! darn customers, LOL.

I'll watch it tonight when I get home.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:44 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Scott Fairbairn wrote: Did they mention any other features? 
No, not today but will reveal more new features later.  I do think the quick edit will be a major time saver accumulated over time.

by Scott Fairbairn on Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:54 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote: Did they mention any other features? 
No, not today but will reveal more new features later.  I do think the quick edit will be a major time saver accumulated over time.

Yes, the quick edit will be helpful. I find with a bunch of adjustments in my custom tabs, they tend to open and close to make room as I use them, and not having open them each time will save time.

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:20 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Next sneak peek on Wednesday Nov. 25 at noon Eastern...

by Bill Chambers on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:50 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Next sneak peek on Wednesday Nov. 25 at noon Eastern...
Yes, I saw.  I'll on that.  Thanks E.J.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:02 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Summary of the second sneak peak on Capture One:
- Dehaze will be available. Before you could do this with a combination of sliders, now you can do it with a single slider. One thing I like is that there is negative dehaze, something that is also available in LR but Topaz does not allow negative dehaze. There is also a function that allows you to control how shadow tones look during the dehaze operation. The tool can be used as a layer mask giving you control of where dehaze is applied.
- No other new features were reviewed.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZHGgiIJIc8

by Bill Chambers on Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:12 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thank you, E.J.

So far, I haven't seen anytime that makes me think I need to spend the money to update. I mean, the updates are nice, but nothing I can't live without. Hopefully, future reveals might pique my interest more.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

16 posts |