« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Aaron Jors on Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:53 pm
Aaron Jors
Forum Contributor
Wondering if others are stitching multiple exposure (bracketed) panos and what software you find works best.  I've tried Photoshop and the old Autopano pro with mixed results.  

I run into trouble trying to stack/align the individual bracketed panos at the different exposures.  Both softwares seem to stitch each pano slightly different so they do not align properly when I try to stack in photoshop.  The single brackets seem to stitch just fine but most of the time I'm using bracket shots to extend the dynamic range.
http://www.aaroncjors.com

by Mark L on Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:01 am
Mark L
Forum Contributor
Have you tried to merge each bracketed frame and then to merge the pano from those single frames (instead of making multiple merged panoramas and then merging the full panoramas)? 

by Aaron Jors on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:37 pm
Aaron Jors
Forum Contributor
Mark L wrote:Have you tried to merge each bracketed frame and then to merge the pano from those single frames (instead of making multiple merged panoramas and then merging the full panoramas)? 
I have not that is an interesting thought, I'm not sure how that would work though as you would have 2-3 exposures merged to make the one shot and then say 4 shots to make up the pano.  I'm not sure Photoshop would recognize the 2-3 exposures in the single shots.  I'll have to play around with it.
http://www.aaroncjors.com

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:40 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Mark L hit the nail on the head. Due to the way photoshop does pano stitching, you may have trouble doing the exposure blending later. This is less of the case with some other pano stitchers but would always be a challenge. You are much better off doing the exposure blend first in a very consistant way and then trying the pano stitch.

4 posts |