All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by joseph motto on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:12 am
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
[font=adobe-clean-serif]This problem is driving me crazy; LR support forum was unable to help. My ability to easily move the sliders in Develop mode varies markedly. Sometimes I can grab the slider and it moves nicely. But more often it takes repeated captures to move it and then it often jumps forward or backward to zero point. Same with the cropping. As soon as I try to grab the corner or side and adjust the size of the crop it jumps out of crop. The mouse (Logitech) pointer seems unable to hold onto the slider or crop points. Only happens with LR6 Classic, never in Photoshop. Tremendous waste of time. Any suggestions will be appreciated.[/font]
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:07 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Hi Joe,

On computer related questions, please always include what kind of computer and which OS you are using. There are different remedies that you can try but they are hardware dependent.

by joseph motto on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:21 am
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
I am using one of Puget Systems PC desktop with Windows 10.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:52 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
OK, the type of mouse would help a lot too but I would try the following first:
1. Thoroughly clean the bottom side of the mouse, especially rub the areas that come into contact with your desk/mousepad
2. Update the driver and firmware for your mouse
3. Completely power down the system
4. Take out the USB sender and put it in a different USB port, try one farther away from your mouse
5. Boot up the system and see if the problem is solved
6. If not, go back to step 4 and try a USB port that is closer than your original placement
7. If it still doesn't work, try a different mouse to see if that fixes it

I have had similar issues to you in the past where it would be unpredictable in the same manner as you describe in some programs and not others. In the end. replacing the mouse fixed it. Whether we know it or not, we make different learned gestures in PS compared to LR or others. In my case, it was most likely to become problematic in a click and drag type of procedure similar what you do when adjusting sliders and like you, it didn't happen all the time or in all programs. The little solenoids used inside the mouse buttons due tend to wear and are generally what cause erratic mouse problems encountered while clicking.

by joseph motto on Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:46 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Thank you, E.J., for your prompt reply and clear suggestions. I have cleaned the Logitech Performance MX cordless mouse and moved the USB sender to the back of the computer from the front. I updated the driver and firmware and rebooted the system. On resuming operations it appears that the issues, while not gone, seem improved. So I will continue and see what happens. If problems recur I will again move the USB sender and I believe I have a corded mouse here somewhere to try. My last recourse will be to replace the mouse as it does have quite a few miles on it.

I might add that I have been doing a lot of image processing over the past two weeks or more so I am stressing the system. I also will mention that when I returned to the computer after lunch I went to show my wife the problems I am experiencing and, of course, it worked flawlessly for the first 2-3 images and then began to foul up again, all of this before I pursued your suggestions. It may be that the continuous processing over several hours may be aggravating the problem and periods of rest may help. So time will tell. Thanks again.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:02 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
From what you wrote, my guess is that the buttons are starting to wear on your mouse and aren’t staying depressed consistently as you move the sliders causing jumps

6 posts |