All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by Ed Cordes on Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:39 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Many of us have purchased signatures from PhotoLogo.  I have been very happy with mine.  However over the past few days I have received two emails from PhotoLogo asking me to log in and pay them to download the ".AI Source File".  The cost is about $20.  The email claims that they can't continue to store all the files on their server.  I believe this is SPAM and have not done a thing.  If is isn't spam and is a real request from this company, how dare they!  I have the signatures stored on two computers as well as in my PS library.  No need to pay for original files.  Still think it's spam.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:55 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I have not received that email from PhotoLogo - I think for now it would be wise to ignore it. I would think if it were legit it would have some coverage on sites like DPReview.

by Ed Cordes on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:56 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:I have not received that email from PhotoLogo - I think for now it would be wise to ignore it.  I would think if it were legit it would have some coverage on sites like DPReview.
Thanks E.J.  I did check around a bit and didn't see anything posted anywhere.  I will go to the PhotoLogo site to see if they have anything posted.  I am so paranoid regarding all things cyber these days. 

by capebretondoc on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:46 pm
capebretondoc
Forum Contributor
Hi Ed,
I too received this notice and decided to ignore it.
Gail
gailbissonphotography.zenfolio.com
Instagram @gailmbisson

by DChan on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:49 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
None of you bother to contact them for clarification??

by Ed Cordes on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:09 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote:None of you bother to contact them for clarification??
Since I didn't see anything about this on their webpage, I decided it was spam and ignored it.  Even if it were true I wouldn't do what the email said.

by WJaekel on Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:03 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
Ed Cordes wrote:
DChan wrote:None of you bother to contact them for clarification??
Since I didn't see anything about this on their webpage, I decided it was spam and ignored it.  Even if it were true I wouldn't do what the email said.
I had ordered a signature from PhotoLogo a couple of days ago. To get the source file, an additional $19.99 was required, summing up the price to $ 65, - quite a lot for a simple logo without any gimmicks and add-ons, IMO. I'm not sure, though, if he topic discussed here is directed to people who got a request from the company after the purchase of a signature without the option of the original file included. But you definetely have to pay additionally for the source file.

Wolfgang
http://www.wjaekel-foto.de

by Ed Cordes on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:44 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
I don't even know why I need the "source code". I have the logos they made saved on two different computers as well as in my PS library. If I want something different I will have another agency do it. This business practice is kind of schlocky IMHO.

8 posts |