EGrav
Forum Contributor
For this weekend only!
Promo code is:

LaborDay30

by Wildflower-nut on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:43 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
What I don't get is there is no canon only version. Means I have to spend a lot more than if I used a sony or nikon. What gives?

by Scott Fairbairn on Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:27 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Wildflower-nut wrote:What I don't get is there is no canon only version.  Means I have to spend a lot more than if I used a sony or nikon.  What gives?

It’s because those manufacturers have an arrangement with Capture One for a lower priced version, but it ONLY works on that particular manufacturer’s camera brand. Ie. Sony version Capture One only works with Sony cameras.

by Bill Chambers on Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:50 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Hmmm, I didn't realize they have a program for Nikon now. Doesn't really matter to me since I purchased the perpetual license, but I guess that is nice if you never plan to change camera brands.

I wonder if the discount means they're coming out with a new version? It's not uncommon for them to start discounting before a new version is released.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by DChan on Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:11 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Bill Chambers wrote:Hmmm, I didn't realize they have a program for Nikon now.  Doesn't really matter to me since I purchased the perpetual license, but I guess that is nice if you never plan to change camera brands.  

I wonder if the discount means they're coming out with a new version?  It's not uncommon for them to start discounting before a new version is released.
Capture One pretty much upgrades every year. It's when they charge you big bucks for it. It could be cheaper to subscribe to Adobe.

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:13 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Wildflower-nut wrote:What I don't get is there is no canon only version.  Means I have to spend a lot more than if I used a sony or nikon.  What gives?
That's on Canon, not Phase.  Canon lives in the delusionary world that their own RAW converter is the best thing on Earth.  

by Bill Chambers on Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote:
Bill Chambers wrote:Hmmm, I didn't realize they have a program for Nikon now.  Doesn't really matter to me since I purchased the perpetual license, but I guess that is nice if you never plan to change camera brands.  

I wonder if the discount means they're coming out with a new version?  It's not uncommon for them to start discounting before a new version is released.
Capture One pretty much upgrades every year. It's when they charge you big bucks for it. It could be cheaper to subscribe to Adobe.
I still use Photoshop CS6 along with Capture One but, so far at least, I have refused to go to the subscription of PS.  When they began subscriptions it made me so mad I swore i would never do it.  I figured other programs would be improve at some point and i would be able to drop Adobe altogether, but I haven't found that program yet.  If Capture One drops the perpetual license at some point, I will be equally pissed with them.  I intensely dislike the whole subscription model.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

7 posts |