« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by neverspook on Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:33 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
I updated all the PS things that called for updating on my laptop just now.

The new version of ACR is 12.4. It is behaving strangely.

When I open Bridge 2019 and then double click a RAW image from there, it will open in ACR 12.4 at a size where the whole ACR window is visible.

BUT when I open Bridge 2020, and double click a RAW image, it does NOT open in ACR. Instead its open PS first and THEN ACR and the ACR interface is so huge it will not fit on the small laptop screen. I cannot access the cancel or done buttons at lower right so have to use task manager to shut it down (and so lose all my work). I have set preferences to double click edits camera raw settings in Bridge a zillions times in Bridge 2020 but it never sticks. Ditto the words that go with the labels (I want the words to just be the word for the label colour), but these settings never stick either.
From within Bridge 2020, if right click an image and then Open With camera RAW, it then gives me the interface at a size that is OK and usable.

This is all very glitchy. Can it be fixed? Or should I just use Bridge 2019? There are supposedly some security patches in the updates though maybe they apply to 2019 as well as 2020 and maybe to a slightly earlier version, not sure.

Thanks.

Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:50 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Make sure in the Bridge preferences you have it set to Double Click edits RAW settings in Camera Raw or something similar.  If it's not checked it will open them in PS and then revert back to ACR.  That seems to be the difference from before to now based on what you have written.

by neverspook on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:56 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Make sure in the Bridge preferences you have it set to Double Click edits RAW settings in Camera Raw or something similar.  If it's not checked it will open them in PS and then revert back to ACR.  That seems to be the difference from before to now based on what you have written.

Yes, I did set it double click a zillion times but it never stuck. Each time I would go back into preferences, that double click would no longer be toggled on. Similarly, it was not retaining the words I typed in for the meaning of each colour label. It WAS retaining those settings in Bridge 2019 but not in Bridge 2020..

Thanks,
Roberta

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:09 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Sounds like a corrupt preferences file. Look up how to clear the preferences file for your version. Then reset up your preferences.

by neverspook on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:10 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Sounds like a corrupt preferences file.  Look up how to clear the preferences file for your version.  Then reset up your preferences.

Thanks, Ej. I was afraid of that!

5 posts |