All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Ed Cordes on Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:48 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I have been using a paid version of GoodSync for about a year or so and like it a lot.  I moved from SyncToy when it didn't play well with Win 10.  In any case, I notice that GoodSync asks me to update rather often.  I wonder what it is updating?  I notice no difference in the interface of operations.  After updating it ends me to the home page of the company where they try to sell me something else. So, what exactly are all these updates updating? Are they really necessary?  Thanks in advance for any advice.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:21 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Unfortuantely I can't answer your question but there is absolutely no problem with SyncToy on Win 10. Perhaps you were not using the right version. I know Tim Gray is a huge GoodSync proponent. he may be able to answer your question.

by Ed Cordes on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:10 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Thanks E.J. I'll send Tim the question.

by Wildflower-nut on Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:14 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
I've not had any problems with sync toy on windows 10 either.

by photoman4343 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:28 pm
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
From another forum:

Why isn't SyncToy working with your new computer?

If you went to a Windows 10 machine, SyncToy requires .NET Framework 3.5 which does not come activated on Windows 10.
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off (left hand column). Select Net Framework 3.5 in the popup to install it. Then install SyncToy.

SyncToy runs very nicely on my Windows 10 machine - after I enabled Net Framework 3.5
Joe Smith

by Ed Cordes on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:37 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
photoman4343 wrote:From another forum:

Why isn't SyncToy working with your new computer?

If you went to a Windows 10 machine, SyncToy requires .NET Framework 3.5 which does not come activated on Windows 10.
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off (left hand column). Select Net Framework 3.5 in the popup to install it. Then install SyncToy.

SyncToy runs very nicely on my Windows 10 machine - after I enabled Net Framework 3.5
It was well over a year ago and I found SyncToy was giving me weird messages.  I really don't remember.  I switched to GoodSync and have been happy, but just curious re the frequency of updates.

by Charlie Woodrich on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:38 pm
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
I had the same problem with SyncToy. I switched to SyncBack Free and it does a good job.

7 posts |