All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Karl Egressy on Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:51 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
For Nikon images I use FastStone Image Viewer 7.5 with excellent results. I can clearly decide which image should go, which image should be processed.
For Sony images (a6600) the aforementioned viewer is just either too slow or I cannot judge as to which image is sharp which is not. So I use DXO Elite for the same purpose but it is not an image viewer.
Any suggestion as to which image viewer should I try for Sony images? (Windows 10) 
Thanks.

by Phil Shaw on Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:53 pm
Phil Shaw
Forum Contributor
Member #:00106
I now shoot with only Sony and Nikon cameras (previously I also used Canon cameras. For a long time now I have used PhotoMechanic to import images and preview/select (star rating) those I want to process fully. No differences in performance between camera makes that I have noticed, although the larger files (viewing embedded jpgs) obviously take a little longer to download.
Phil Shaw
Essex, UK
[color=#008000][url]http://www.naturephotopro.com[/url][/color]

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:23 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Grab the free version of CaptureOne for Sony. Run it in session mode with an untitled session. It will act just like an image browser - just configure the screen that way.

by Karl Egressy on Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Thanks E.J. I downloaded the free version of Capture One. I spent many hours on the Internet trying to find out how to run it in session mode, using it as a browser. So far I did not succeed. Give it up for now.
Karl.

Last edited by Karl Egressy on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:24 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Karl Egressy wrote:Thanks E.J. I downloaded the free version of Capture One. I spent many hours on the Internet trying to find out how to reun it in session mode, using it as a browser. So far I did not succeed. Give it up for now.
Karl.
I believe it's the default on the free version.  It probably doesn't even let you into catalog mode.

by Karl Egressy on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:05 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Karl Egressy wrote:Thanks E.J. I downloaded the free version of Capture One. I spent many hours on the Internet trying to find out how to reun it in session mode, using it as a browser. So far I did not succeed. Give it up for now.
Karl.
I believe it's the default on the free version.  It probably doesn't even let you into catalog mode.
Thanks E.J.
I contacted Capture One and I got this answer.
"What you are describing is possible in Sessions, where you can browse the system folders, but sessions are not available in Capture One Express."
Meantime I downloaded Sony Imaging Edge Desktop and it can be used as a "Viewer" which solved my problem.
Thanks again.

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Ah OK, the freebie version is even more limited than i thought. Sorry about that.

7 posts |