All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by capebretondoc on Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:14 am
capebretondoc
Forum Contributor
Hello,
I downloaded some files from yesterday's shoot and transferred them over to my EHD. I always like to click on a file to make sure transfer is successful. A window came up saying Preview does not support that type of RAW file. I have had no issues until today.Works fine on old files from 1DX1 but not 1 DX 3 files. Worked fine for 1 dx3 files until today. Preview no longer works for 1 DX3 files that are on the computer.
Interestingly, last night Adobe Bridge would not work and still doesn't.
I am on an Apple iMac. I tired restarting computer, closing Preview and opening again but still have the problem. I use PS CC and LR CC. All updates done.
Any ideas?
Gail
gailbissonphotography.zenfolio.com
Instagram @gailmbisson

by bryantjl on Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:02 am
bryantjl
Forum Contributor
I have never previously tried Preview for RAW files. I have just tried to open CR3 (1DX Mark III) files and they won't open. CR2 files do.  CR3 files from a Canon EOS R, however, do open so not sure why the IDXM3 files don't.

by bryantjl on Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:12 am
bryantjl
Forum Contributor
Gail

Adobe Bridge does show the 1DXM3 CR3 files. Apologies for not answering that above. I exclusively use LR Classic CC and PS CC and sometimes PhotoMechanic. PM also works for the 1DXM3 CR3 files

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:24 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
According to the Apple file support site, they do not yet support EOS 1Dx Mk III in preview. Camera RAW needs to be 12.2 or later in order for Bridge to render them.

by capebretondoc on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:59 pm
capebretondoc
Forum Contributor
Thanks all. I was able to sort the problem out with calls to apple and Adobe. Have to say that both were quick and able to fix Adobe Bridge so I can render them with bridge. E.J.- you are (as always!) correct . Thanks all,
gail
gailbissonphotography.zenfolio.com
Instagram @gailmbisson

5 posts |