« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Richard B. on Thu May 28, 2020 12:49 pm
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Hi,

I'm hoping that people using Capture One for a while can tell me if their full versions incorporates all the benefits of their limited versions.

Capture One released a specific version for Nikon cameras a short while ago. And I almost jumped from my antique PS CS6. Now there is a substantial sale on Capture One Pro 20. I mostly shoot Nikon but also occasionally a Sony compact.

So my base question is, if I buy the full version Capture one Pro 2, do I get whatever Nikon specific features and benefits that are are offered in the Nikon limited version?

Given the sales price that is currently offered, I am leaning to the purchase of the full version but don't want to miss anything Nikon specific.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Richard

by signgrap on Thu May 28, 2020 1:26 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
The Nikon version of Capture One is exactly the same as the 2020 Pro version. The difference lies in the fact that the Nikon version will ONLY work on image files that come from Nikon cameras whereas the 2020 Pro version works with image files from almost all camera brands. There are a few exceptions in that some medium format image files are not included in the Pro version. I used a Sony only version for years and it always included all the latest functionality. There is one other difference as the single brand versions can be installed on only 2 computers (at the same time) while the Pro version can be installed on up to 3 computers (at the same time). The Express versions of the Sony, Nikon and Fuji of the Cature One software are free but they have greatly reduced functionality.
Dick Ludwig

by Richard B. on Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 pm
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Dick

Thank you, you verified my assumptions. I appreciate the feedback.

Richard

by E.J. Peiker on Fri May 29, 2020 5:59 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Dick has it exactly right. If you never plan to ever use any camera other than a Nikon then the Nikon version is likely all you need. But if you ever need or plan on needing to process files from a different brand, then the pro version will be better for you. The only unsupported cameras are Hassleblad, the Leica medium format, and the pentax medium format. Fuji and Phase medium format cameras are supported. All non-medium format cameras from all manufacturers are supported.

4 posts |