Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 23 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Fri May 22, 2020 5:51 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Graphics card has arrived and is installed & driver installed.

Very happy.  One last question for E.J.

I opened up all Topaz AI programs and changed GPU settings to high as you suggested, but MASK AI did not give that choice.  The choice for Mask was:
Select Device, and I could choose between GPU and CPU.  I chose GPU.  Is that correct?

I opened up CS6, went to Preferences> Performance> and under the graphics card section, it does pick up the new card.  "Use Graphics Processor" is checked.  Correct?
I clicked on Advanced and "Draw Mode" is set to Advanced, and there are 4 other boxes to be checked:
Use Graphics Processor to Accelerate Computation IS CHECKED
Use Open CL is NOT Checked
Anti-Alias Guides & Pathways IS CHECKED
30 Bit Display is NOT checked.
Are the all correct?

I opened C1 Pro 20 and went to Preferences, under "Hardware Acceleration", the following options exist:
Display - options are Auto & Never - AUTO CHOSEN
Processing - options are Auto & Never - AUTO CHOSEN
at the bottom is one that I don't understand, not having to do with Graphics Card.
it says "Tangent Integration",  Has a box saying "Enable Tangent Device Support" and it is checked.  Is this supposed to be checked?

Also opened up all NIK plug-ins and changed setting to GPU for any app allowing that change.

Also opened up Helicon and tried to do the same, but it said that option was only available for Pro, and that promotional info would be added to image, so I changed it back.

OK, I lied, that was a lot more than 1 question - sorry!

Hopefully, the DP cable will arrive tomorrow or Monday and I'll put that in.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri May 22, 2020 10:02 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Mask AI - yes, chose the GPU option. Always chose that on any program if available.

On CS6, turn on Open CL unless you start seeing weird behavior, then turn it pack off.
The 30 bit display option should be checked on IF your monitor can display 10 bits per color channel AND you have changed the graphics card settings in the nVidia panel to 10 bit per color (10R + 10G + 10B = 30) AND you have your new cable installed.

On C1 you can turn off Tangent support since you obviously don't have one of those hardware panels (you would know that you needed it on if you had one) ;)

by Bill Chambers on Fri May 22, 2020 10:42 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thanks E.J., greatly appreciated.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

23 posts |