« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:45 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Now it's Gigapixel AI's turn to change it's installer midstream with a program update.  While Gigapixel doesn't run as a plug-in so at least there won't be Photoshop integration issues, it again installs in a completely different way leaving both versions on your computer potentially confusing customers.  My recommendation is to first completely uninstall Gigapixel, then clean up your registry and then manually delete the folder that Gigapixel is installed in from your computer.  Then reboot the system.  Then download the new version of Gigapixel from the Topaz site after logging into your account.  Then install the new version.  While most of the installer problems from Topaz have been on the Windows side, in this situation, Mac users, you too will have two different versions of Gigapixel AI on your computer unless you uninstall the original.

Editorial Comment:  Topaz really needs to get it's act together on new version installations.  It's not that hard.  Every other manufacturer seems to be able to handle this and you are losing your customer's confidence that you know what you're doing and your abysmal tech support makes it even worse...

by Brian E. Small on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:54 pm
Brian E. Small
Forum Contributor
Member #:00479
E.J.

I'm afraid to even try installing these updates of their software. What benefit(s) does this new version of Gigapixel offer?

by Bill Chambers on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:23 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thanks, E.J.

I just received notice of the update this morning and was just checking here to see if you and anyone else had commented about it. So glad I did.

While I'm chatting, my DeNoise updated today as well, and that seems to have solved an issue that the previous update had, where it seems to WAY oversharpen the image, regardless of being used in DeNoise or Clear AI. I was very happy to see that fixed because I had been unable to use it because of the oversharpening.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:11 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Brian E. Small wrote:E.J.

I'm afraid to even try installing these updates of their software.  What benefit(s) does this new version of Gigapixel offer?

From Topaz:
We've updated Gigapixel AI to include a new interface for batch processing, improved loading speeds for multiple images, and improved RAW file handling.

Since this program doesn't run as a plug-in, it should be pretty safe :0

by DChan on Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:39 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Do a clean re-install and you should be fine.

I didn't even do a clean re-install and the update went through without an incident. Gigapixel AI runs fine as far as I can tell after the update.

by Ed Cordes on Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:17 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
DChan wrote:Do a clean re-install and you should be fine.

I didn't even do a clean re-install and the update went through without an incident. Gigapixel AI runs fine as far as I can tell after the update.
Me too. Of course, now that I said that there will be issues!
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

6 posts |