Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Larry Shuman on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:32 am
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
I purchased Topaz Denoise AI 2 week ago. It was working nicely on color and B&W images. Yesterday it stopped working with B&W. The Topaz plug-in under filters in my Photoshop CS6 was greyed out. I am stand alone with Win 7 pro 64 bit and CS6 Photoshop. Color worked correctly but B&W was not available. Topaz has no published phone number so I am really lost here. I have no computer knowledge at all.

I've looked at my downloads file and the following appears TopazDeNoiseAI-online-installer.exe. What is this? Do I delete the topaz from the plug-ins folder and copy the TopazDeNoiseAI-online-installer.exe to the plug-ins folder?

Why did it work last week on both file types and work this week only on one file type.

Thanks in advance for any help forth coming.

Larry

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:11 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I just tried it both in stand-alone mode and as a plug-in to Photoshop on a B&W image and it worked. However, they did just release an update today so it is possible if I had tried it yesterday that it might not work. Try doing the update if you haven't already.

Also, try it in stand alone mode rather than as a plug-in if it's still doing it after the update to see if it's a PS problem or a Topaz problem.

by Larry Shuman on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:14 pm
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
I found a work around. I forgot I has Pixelgenious  already download. so I use Pixelgenious for B&W and Topaz DeNoise for color. Works great. I tried updating yesterday but it was so frustrating I quit. It wanted me to close bridge and CS6, I did and it wanted me to close running programs even thou I had everything closed down. So now I use PG for B&W and deoise for color. simple
Thanks.
Larry

3 posts |