« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 23 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:56 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Richard B. wrote:Wow, what an ordeal! Based on past history, does anyone expect Topaz to straighten this out, or is that being naive? Obviously I would prefer to wait on installation if it might be corrected. Or is it unrealistic to expect them to admit the problem?

At any rate, thanks to everyone who worked on and posted this fix. If I go forward with the upgrade, at least I know what's coming.

Richard
It looks harder than it is, just uninstall all TOPAZ AI components, redownload them all, clean the registry and reinstall them, in a nutshell.  The number of steps seem a lot but it boils down to that.

by DChan on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:56 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Richard B. wrote:Wow, what an ordeal! Based on past history, does anyone expect Topaz to straighten this out, or is that being naive? Obviously I would prefer to wait on installation if it might be corrected. Or is it unrealistic to expect them to admit the problem?

At any rate, thanks to everyone who worked on and posted this fix. If I go forward with the upgrade, at least I know what's coming.

Richard
It looks harder than it is, just uninstall all TOPAZ AI components, redownload them all, clean the registry and reinstall them, in a nutshell.  The number of steps seem a lot but it boils down to that.
That's the way many people have been doing for years every time they upgrade/update their software, any software. Don't just click one "next" after another :-)

I think if Photoshop let us locate plugins from more than one folder, things would be easier. It also appears to me that Photoshop cannot display all the plugins installed under the same folder, or it seems to be the case for my CS6.

by Richard B. on Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:51 am
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Thanks to Bill, E.J. and Dchan for doing all of this. Hell of a lot more help than Topaz will give.

Richard

23 posts |