All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by amp5213 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:21 pm
amp5213
Lifetime Member
Member #:00406
Last year I paid $191 for the full year for the creative cloud photographer's plan with 1 TB storage,  I just got an email from Adobe saying generically that the plan price increased for this year.  When I signed into my account, tI find that the price increased to $247 for the year almost 30%.

I don't really want to spend the time to learn a new program but this is a ridiculous increase in one year.  Perhaps the impending recession (or depression) will have Adobe rethink their pricing plans.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:52 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
This may help you save a bit:
https://fstoppers.com/news/psa-save-mon ... ime-465965

I've heard from numerous people that the way to get the best deal is to cancel your subscription. Before the cancellation is final, Adobe's site will make you an offer to remain subscribed for significant savings.

by amp5213 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:55 am
amp5213
Lifetime Member
Member #:00406
Thanks EJ.  I'll give it a try.

by Wildflower-nut on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:27 am
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
I think I need to look hard for plan "b". Adobe has sunk the hook and is beginning to reel us in.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:35 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Wildflower-nut wrote:I think I need to look hard for plan "b".  Adobe has sunk the hook and is beginning to reel us in.
Here's an excellent playlist on YouTube on cutting the Adobe cord and the alternatives for each Adobe application:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUrdf7hvHC2JExdtlPIVHtH1hFC4MKQqJ

by bradmangas on Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:37 pm
bradmangas
Forum Contributor
I have actually been encouraging people to cancel their Adobe CC plans. I have paid $10.90 per month ($130.80 annually) for the last 3 years or so. That is still my current rate and have never received notice of any price increase. I continually work on increasing photoshop skills and feel lightroom and photoshop are far superior to anything else on the market. That is if you want or need the most advanced image editing software available. Obviously this is relative to what a person wants or needs, as well as just a personal opinion.

I have watched the video by JCristina on youtube, and anyone who has a very good understanding of and detailed experience with photoshop will know some of the things JCristina points out are simply not true.

My thought is that if more people cancel their plans Adobe will be reluctant to increase prices and I might get by a few more years at my current price, which I feel is a bargain. Yeah it may just be wishful thinking, but it may also work. I know many believe Adobe is the worst company in the world to do business with, I get it. I feel the exact same way about Apple. (What a tremendously deceitful, customer hating, price gouging company they have become. Many of their "required" practices are actually illegal. But they're Apple so they can get away with it.)

Bottom line, each of us should do what we feel is best. Cancel your Adobe CC subscription. And if you do, thank you.

by steve white on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:24 pm
steve white
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Wildflower-nut wrote:I think I need to look hard for plan "b".  Adobe has sunk the hook and is beginning to reel us in.
Here's an excellent playlist on YouTube on cutting the Adobe cord and the alternatives for each Adobe application:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUrdf7hvHC2JExdtlPIVHtH1hFC4MKQqJ

I watched some of those videos. I was unaware of Alien Skin Exposure 5. I watched some of their videos and it seems to be very similar to Lightroom. What is your opinion on Exposure 5? I am still using Lightroom 6 and I am still struggling trying to learn Capture 1.
Is Lightroom the only software that has HDR and Panoramic feature built in?

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:12 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Seeing this all over FB - apparently it's real.

ADOBE SUBSCRIBERS!

Adobe is waiving 60 days of your monthly subscription due to COVID-19 when you call 1-800-833-6687. Enter 1,1,2
If your plan is educator or a year paid in full, it’s 90 days!

8 posts |