« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Ed Cordes on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:39 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
In the newest LR update there is a feature in the presets preferences to have LR honor Picture Style setting in the camera during import.  I have been importing images and adding Canon Standard in the case of my Canon cameras, and Sony Standard in the case of my Sony body, in the Apply During Import/Develop Settings.  Does the new feature mean that if I have the Picture Style setting the way I want it set in the camera, I can now not use the command in the develop module and still get the image displaying the way I want it to in LR?
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Mike Veltri on Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:03 am
Mike Veltri
Forum Contributor
Ed Cordes wrote:In the newest LR update there is a feature in the presets preferences to have LR honor Picture Style setting in the camera during import.  I have been importing images and adding Canon Standard in the case of my Canon cameras, and Sony Standard in the case of my Sony body, in the Apply During Import/Develop Settings.  Does the new feature mean that if I have the Picture Style setting the way I want it set in the camera, I can now not use the command in the develop module and still get the image displaying the way I want it to in LR?
Yes you can change the preset from Adobe defaults to camera settings, and check the use serial number.
This can also be done in PhotoShop as well as Lightroom.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroo ... 693?page=1

by Ed Cordes on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:34 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your answer and link. This is what I thought, but the article in the link explains it more clearly than things I have read before. This will make things easier for sure.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

3 posts |