« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Scott Fairbairn on Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:58 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Hi,

I downloaded the large image from NASA taken by the Mars rover. It is 88797 × 22958 pixels and is a tif file. When I try to import it into Capture one, I find that Capture One does not "see" the image at all. By that, I mean, when I select the directory the image resides in, the image does not show up in the import queue. It shows all other images present, but not this one. 
I've tried using sessions as well. When I point to the directory, it does not appear. I've also tried dragging and dropping it into C1 from Finder, but still, nothing happens.
Any ideas as to why it won't import the file? Is it because the file is too large for the program to handle? I can open the image in Affinity Photo, so the picture isn't corrupted.
My computer is a new 16" Macbook Pro with 32 gigs of RAM so I wouldn't think it's a computer issue?
Thank you
Scott

by signgrap on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Scott Fairbairn wrote:Hi,

I downloaded the large image from NASA taken by the Mars rover. It is 88797 × 22958 pixels and is a tif file. When I try to import it into Capture one, I find that Capture One does not "see" the image at all. By that, I mean, when I select the directory the image resides in, the image does not show up in the import queue. It shows all other images present, but not this one. 
I've tried using sessions as well. When I point to the directory, it does not appear. I've also tried dragging and dropping it into C1 from Finder, but still, nothing happens.
Any ideas as to why it won't import the file? Is it because the file is too large for the program to handle? I can open the image in Affinity Photo, so the picture isn't corrupted.
My computer is a new 16" Macbook Pro with 32 gigs of RAM so I wouldn't think it's a computer issue?
Thank you
Scott
Sometimes the file format can be a problem.  There might be some markers in the file format that C1 does not like or recognize so it doesn't see the file.  Why not try resaving the file from NASA into the same format in Affinity to see if this makes a difference?  Make sure to change the name slightly so you don't overwrite the original file and can tell the two files apart.
Dick Ludwig

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:14 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The maximum image size for C1P currently is 800 megapixels. This one is over 2 gigapixels.

by Scott Fairbairn on Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:17 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Ok, I guess it's the size. I didn't realize C1 had a cap on image size. Thank you for the help! Btw, the image is fabulous to look at !

by Jeff Pearl on Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:45 pm
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Member #:02142
I don't know, but i saw this post below in a Q&A forum on Capture 1.

"Keep in mind that there are file size limitations in Capture One..............
The smallest supported file for viewing should be at least 16px in width/height.
The smallest supported file for editing should be 512px in width/height.
The largest supported file is when Width x Height is less than 40000 x 20000 pixels."

5 posts |