All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:13 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Two quick questions.

1.  After adjustments in C1 Pro 20, can I send it to PS CS6 as a Smart Object?

2.  What's the difference in Capture One in "Open with" and "Edit with" when sending to CS6?
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
1. No, you would either have to do that manually when you get into PS or just send it to a folder that Bridge is pointed to and then launch it as a Smart Object from there.   
2. Edit with treats it as a roundtrip and puts the resultant Photoshop image back into Capture One - this is best for users using the Catalogueing method of working in C1.  Open with sends the image to Photoshop but when you are done with it you save it in Photoshop and it sits wherever you saved the file to and isn't automatically imported back into your catalogue.  This method is generally how people running C1P in Sessions mode usually work.

by Bill Chambers on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:07 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thank you, E.J. I looked all over Google and Capture One and couldn't find diddly on the Smart Objects. I can always count on you!
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by DOglesby on Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:41 am
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
Member #:01155
E.J. Peiker wrote:1. No, you would either have to do that manually when you get into PS or just send it to a folder that Bridge is pointed to and then launch it as a Smart Object from there.   
2. Edit with treats it as a roundtrip and puts the resultant Photoshop image back into Capture One - this is best for users using the Catalogueing method of working in C1.  Open with sends the image to Photoshop but when you are done with it you save it in Photoshop and it sits wherever you saved the file to and isn't automatically imported back into your catalogue.  This method is generally how people running C1P in Sessions mode usually work.
To add to #2 or say it another way, and correct me if I'm wrong, but my experience is that Edit With creates a new file whereas Open With just saves on top of the file that was opened. 
Cheers,
Doug

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:18 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
DOglesby wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:1. No, you would either have to do that manually when you get into PS or just send it to a folder that Bridge is pointed to and then launch it as a Smart Object from there.   
To add to #2 or say it another way, and correct me if I'm wrong, but my experience is that Edit With creates a new file whereas Open With just saves on top of the file that was opened. 
No, that is not true.  Once you go to PS the file is converted to a TIF or PSD or whatever which by definition is a new file.

5 posts |