Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Larry Shuman on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:43 am
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
I download the program last week as a trail. When ever I open it and open a image I get a dialog box that tells the following: The procedure entry point command Queue with properties could not be located in the dynamic link library openCL.dll

I'm not really computer knowledgeable so what is it telling me? Also I've tryed calling Topaz this morning to no avail. They don't seem to have a published phone number. Their forums and blog are of NO help either.

Also can their program be installed as a plugin? At present I first have to select the good shots in my CS6 bridge, make note of them  and only then open the image number in the Topaz program. This adds another step in my work flow.

by Richard B. on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:18 pm
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Hi Larry, Not a computer expert by any means, just an old goat still using PS6. Can't answer part one, but the answer for part two is yes. Once installed it should open in PS6 under the Filters menu. If it doesn't, I fixed the problem by going to PS>Edit>Preferences>Plug-ins and selecting the Topaz.exe file in the additional plug-ins folder. Voila!

Just a thought about installation. Dchan posted an earlier message about installation. You have to delete the old program and installer before the installation of the New installer and Denoise 2.0, See his prior thread on the subject. Worked for me.

Good luck.

Richard

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:01 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Richard pretty much nailed it.  Topaz says upfront on their website where you DL the software that you must UNINSTALL any previous versions of DeNoise.  So go ahead and do that and then reinstall the new DeNoise.  You should reboot after doing that (something they don't tell you about).  Now it should work as a stand alone.  It may work immediately in Photoshop as a plug-in but that has not been the experience of the majority of users.  The way to fix that is to got to Preferences in Photoshop, then plug-ins and then add the Topaz folder that DeNoise is in.  Now exit PS and re-enter it and it should work as a plug-in as well.  This is documented on the Topaz website in the FAQ's I believe.

As for Topaz support, if you ever can't find something on their support pages, you have to open a support request.  They generally get back to you within a few days.

Overall, Topaz makes some innovative products but they do not perform well on two fronts - the first is their installers which are chaotic and often do not work the way one expects them to requiring additional user intervention to get things working right.  the second is what most perceive to be poor or at least slow customer support.

by Larry Shuman on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:06 pm
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
I just tried going within CS6 to prefences to plug-ins and tried to add the Denoise AI folder. When I checked the box to add a folder I searched to the desktop but it would not search thru the desktop were the Denoise AI folder is.
I open explorer and copied the Denoise AI folder to the Plugin folder in adobe. It did not work- I opened a shot , went to filters and there was no Denoise folder.or do I have to restart the computer?

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:49 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
There is no such thing as a folder on the Desktop, all that is is a shortcut to the actual folder.  The actual folder should be on your C drive under Programs (not Programs 86), and then Topaz LLC or something similar, that is the folder you would point to.  I'm assuming you are on Windows here since you referenced .dll files.

5 posts |