Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:14 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I actually have 2 questions, but first one first.  My keywords tree needs to be edited somewhat but I am afraid if I start moving things around it might make the keywords "unfindable".

Question 1:  If I have keywords that are currently Topics, can I make a NEW Topic and then move my current Topic to be a Sub-Topic under my NEW Topic?
     Example:  If my current Topic is named Pensacola Beach, can I make a NEW Topic called PLACES, and then move Pensacola Beach to be a       Sub-Topic of PLACES?  Will I still be able to find files keyworded with Pensacola Beach?

Question 2: I still use CS6 because I just refuse to pay Adobe their monthly extortion fee.  However, I understand Bridge is free.  Does that mean I can upgrade Bridge without having to go under the monthly or annual fee basis and, if so, will my CS^ still be able to work with a newer version of Bridge?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/answers.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by Phil Shaw on Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:15 pm
Phil Shaw
Forum Contributor
Member #:00106
As far as I am aware, there is no easy way to move key words around in Bridge; you can add them, and you can delete them. You can easily add a new Keyword (major topic) like "PLACES" by clicking on the '+' button with nothing else selected. Then you can add new sub-keywords like Pensacola in that category. If you already have Pensacola as a keyword or sub-keyword, there is no need to delete it, except for tidiness. If you do delete the original Pensacola keyword and then add it as a sub-category of PLACES, a search will still find the original images tagged with Pensacola from before you made the change.

Can't answer your second question because I pay the extortion charge. Just try it - what could possibly go wrong ;).

Please don't follow that last piece of advice.
Phil Shaw
Essex, UK
[color=#008000][url]http://www.naturephotopro.com[/url][/color]

by Bill Chambers on Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:02 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thank you, Phil. I appreciate your answer.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

3 posts |