Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by WJaekel on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:13 am
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
I'm interested to know if somebody uses this application and could comment on the experiences. I know that you can download and try it by yourself for a limited period. But I'm still unsure if it's a step up and worth the costs compared to the basic masking/selection tools in PS CS6. So what do you think ?

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang
http://www.wjaekel-foto.de

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:38 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Yes, I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it works better than anything else I've tried. make sure you watch a few videos on YouTube to really learn how to make this software work well for you. It's MUCH better than doing it manually in Photoshop which can take ages to do complex things like trees well.

by WJaekel on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:18 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Yes, I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it works better than anything else I've tried.  make sure you watch a few videos on YouTube to really learn how to make this software work well for you.  It's MUCH better than doing it manually in Photoshop which can take ages to do complex things like trees well.
E.J, thank you -very helpful as always. I will try it. I've already seen a few videos on youtube with mixed comments, though, which had left me a bit hesitant to go for it.

Wolfgang

by chrissandys27 on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:29 am
chrissandys27
Forum Contributor
I agree with EJ. Downloaded the free trial and after a quick look at one ot the YouTube videos found it to be a massive improvement on any manual techniques I have used in Photoshop when complex parts of an image need to be masked. It does not necessarily do everything 100% accurately first time round but gets so close that a few manual tweaks are all that are needed.
Chris Sandys

by WJaekel on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:20 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
Thank you, I think I will give it a try. There's some holiday discount now, too. The most comprehensive video tutorial  I've seen so far was uploaded by Dave Kelly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM1wmQ1ZJvo
As mentioned above, the comments on the video are pretty mixed, though and Dave by himself seems not too enthusiastic yet given his responses. In fact it does no wonders and still requires some time and work to clean the edges and to remove artefacts. But even more is true if you use the tools in PS. So Topaz Mask AI still looks superior too me, at least for more challenging tasks.

Wolfgang
http://www.wjaekel-foto.de

by Scott Fairbairn on Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:38 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I downloaded the trial, decided to purchase it, and now it's stuck in trial mode. I uninstalled and tried again, but I get no option to register it. I tried the help menu>>Update product ownership, but it does nothing. Very frustrating, it's no wonder people steal software, I bet installation is a lot simpler! lol

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:24 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Scott Fairbairn wrote:I downloaded the trial, decided to purchase it, and now it's stuck in trial mode. I uninstalled and tried again, but I get no option to register it. I tried the help menu>>Update product ownership, but it does nothing. Very frustrating, it's no wonder people steal software, I bet installation is a lot simpler! lol
You could always wait until the trial runs out and then it will ask you to log in.  The reason that uninstalling doesn't work is because you haven't removed the registry entires.  Uninstall again and then do a registry clean. 

7 posts |