Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:15 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/dxo-nik-collection-23-adds-new-black-and-white-options-to-silver-efex-pro-plugin

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:57 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The $79 upgrade price to the DXO Nik Suite with the only thing changing as far as I can tell is the B&W film simulations seems pretty steep...

by SantaFeJoe on Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:10 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
A bit more info on the update:

https://nikcollection.dxo.com/what-s-new/

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by DChan on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:20 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:The $79 upgrade price to the DXO Nik Suite with the only thing changing as far as I can tell is the B&W film simulations seems pretty steep...
$79 was also the upgrade price from DxO Photolab 2 to Photolab 3 :wink:

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:25 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
SantaFeJoe wrote:A bit more info on the update:

https://nikcollection.dxo.com/what-s-new/

Joe
Ah, that's a lot better.  Yesterday when I launched my Nik suite it told me about the update.  I clicked on the update button and it took me to a DXO web page that only talked about the B&W film simulations as being new, nothing else and then wanted $79...

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:34 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Well I just went to the DXO site, actually logged into my account and the upgrade cost me nothing since I was already a version 2 user....  They've got some issues.  If I go to the upgrade from within one of the Nik modules it wants $79 but if I just go to the site and login, the upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 is free.

by Rocky Sharwell on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:40 am
Rocky Sharwell
Lifetime Member
Member #:00054
E.J. Peiker wrote:Well I just went to the DXO site, actually logged into my account and the upgrade cost me nothing since I was already a version 2 user....  They've got some issues.  If I go to the upgrade from within one of the Nik modules it wants $79 but if I just go to the site and login, the upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 is free.

EJ-Did you download the free trial and then enter your activation code ?
Rocky Sharwell

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Rocky Sharwell wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:Well I just went to the DXO site, actually logged into my account and the upgrade cost me nothing since I was already a version 2 user....  They've got some issues.  If I go to the upgrade from within one of the Nik modules it wants $79 but if I just go to the site and login, the upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 is free.

EJ-Did you download the free trial and then enter your activation code ?
No I went into My Account on the webpage and then to my products and saw that the download was free.

8 posts |