All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by sternhagen on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:07 pm
sternhagen
Forum Contributor
To Forum:
    For those using X-Rite Colormunki Display calibrators please be aware this model has been discontinued and replaceed by a new 'Studio' Model. The X-Rite website states users of Display model can download an update that will permit user to continue using old Display Model. I have downloaded and installed this update and now Colormunki crashes in Mojave 10.14.6. It is not possible to remove the flawed update and reinstall the original V.1.1.5 Colormunki app that ran fine in Mojave 10.14.6. The new update from X-rite renders Colormunli Display useless. I have requested support from X-rite but nothing has been forthcoming. If your Colormunki Display model is working I advise staying away from the update touted at X-rite or you may be forced into buying a new calibrator!
   Seem like a ploy to force users into buying new Studio model or am I being too cynical? New models not out yet at B&h or Amazon.
    Regards
    Sternhagen

Correction:
    My error guys. I finally got response from X-Rite. X-Rite i1Studio  installs its own app as 'i1studio' and places it further down in Applications folder. I trying to run previous Colormunki version from its old version and icon which new version does not remove—new app has a different i1 Studio icon. If opened from new app i! Studio works OK and does not crash though user interface is very different. Be sure to trash the old Colormunki Display app. Will take some time to get used to new interface as it is very different in layout but hope it will be improved.
    Regards
    Sternhagen

Addendum: Some additional thoughts for those Mac users who decide to download and install i1 Studio V. 1.5.0 update. Inasmuch as X-Rite doesn't provide an uninstaller for the old Colormunki app, deleting the old App file as I did as instructed by X-Rite representative, leaves a lot of old fragments scattered about in the system files.  I discovered this later when I finally found the X-Rite FAQ files, not an easy process, and the 'proper'  installation procedure. I suggest before installing the new update, find the X-Rite FAQ file and study it carefully, before installing new V1.5.0 version. The new update works, but fragments of the old version are scattered about in the system and that leaves user with uncomfortable feeling and undecided as what pieces to trash. The new user interface works but in my opinion is not as friendly as the old and harder to see and fathom—don't know why X-Rite designed it in this fashion, However, calibrated results appear OK at this point though I have not yet achieved the full confidence I had with the old version. I hope future updates will make interface easier to see and use—a lot of wasted screen space and small typeface that makes update look like a rush job.
    I would like to think a quality company like X-Rite would provide a proper UNINSTALLER for situations like this and put the installation FAQ in a more prominent place, but that may be a bridge too far for it.
    Regards
    Sternhagen

1 post |