Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
by DChan on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:59 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Yes, it's 20, not 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, or 19.

Pre-order - Save 20%

Enter "OCT-AFQUW" to save 10% more today.

https://www.43rumors.com/this-is-whats-new-in-capture-one-20/#disqus_thread

Capture One 20 FAQ

by Bill Chambers on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:03 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Ok, as usual when it comes to this stuff, I'm confused.

I'm currently using Capture One Pro 12, upgraded from Capture One Pro 11 approx. 1 year ago so I am not entitled to any kind of free upgrade.  That much I get.

From looking at the Capture One email I received this morning and the info you posted, it appears they're just selling Capture One Pro 20 as a standalone, not as an upgrade.  Am I mistaken about this?  Obviously, I just want to purchase an upgrade at a pre-order discount, plus be able to use the extra 10% discount you put  in your post here, if possible.  Do I have the option to do that?

Thank in advance!

Bill
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by DChan on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:43 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Bill Chambers wrote:Ok, as usual when it comes to this stuff, I'm confused.

I'm currently using Capture One Pro 12, upgraded from Capture One Pro 11 approx. 1 year ago so I am not entitled to any kind of free upgrade.  That much I get.

From looking at the Capture One email I received this morning and the info you posted, it appears they're just selling Capture One Pro 20 as a standalone, not as an upgrade.  Am I mistaken about this?  Obviously, I just want to purchase an upgrade at a pre-order discount, plus be able to use the extra 10% discount you put  in your post here, if possible.  Do I have the option to do that?

Thank in advance!

Bill
It seems to me upgrade here simply means you're getting an improved, better program in Pro 20.

FWIW with that 20% discount, if I do pre-order, I will be paying about $20 less than I did for upgrading from Pro 11 to Pro 12 last year. If I don't buy now, I'll be paying about $20 more later. This yearly upgrade does not seem to save me much money if any than subscribing to Photoshop.

by WJaekel on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:27 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote:Yes, it's 20, not 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, or 19.

Pre-order - Save 20%

Capture One 20 FAQ
If I enter OCT-AFQUW into the form via the link above, I get the message that the code doesn't exist. Maybe its's valid for US customers only- who knows.

Wolfgang

by DChan on Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:44 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
WJaekel wrote:

Pre-order - Save 20%

Capture One 20 FAQ
If I enter OCT-AFQUW into the form via the link above, I get the message that the code doesn't exist. Maybe its's valid for US customers only- who knows.

Wolfgang
Well, guess that code really only worked yesterday.

by DChan on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:04 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote:
WJaekel wrote:

Pre-order - Save 20%

Capture One 20 FAQ

Wolfgang
Oops! I typed too fast :-( That extra 10% code still works...I just entered it and it was accepted. FYI I'm not in US.

See the code here: https://www.43rumors.com/48-hours-left-to-save-30-on-the-new-capture-one-pro-20-preorder/

It's OCT-AF-QUW.

by WJaekel on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:59 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote:
DChan wrote:
WJaekel wrote:

Pre-order - Save 20%

Capture One 20 FAQ

Wolfgang
Oops! I typed too fast :-( That extra 10% code still works...I just entered it and it was accepted. FYI I'm not in US.

See the code here: https://www.43rumors.com/48-hours-left-to-save-30-on-the-new-capture-one-pro-20-preorder/

It's OCT-AF-QUW.
Thank you very much- it worked now :) . Yes, there was a typo in the first post above (OCT-AFQUW instead OCT-AF-QUW)

Wolfgang

by DOglesby on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:19 am
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
Member #:01155
Does anyone have a list of the new features? I can't find it on their website but maybe I have situational blindness...
Cheers,
Doug

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:03 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
DOglesby wrote:Does anyone have a list of the new features? I can't find it on their website but maybe I have situational blindness...
It seems pretty ridiculous that in the FAQs (link above) they won’t give the release date and won’t give up the new features until it is released.  Doesn’t make sense to me. They want you to pre-order blindly?

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by DOglesby on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:40 pm
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
Member #:01155
SantaFeJoe wrote:
DOglesby wrote:Does anyone have a list of the new features? I can't find it on their website but maybe I have situational blindness...
It seems pretty ridiculous that in the FAQs (link above) they won’t give the release date and won’t give up the new features until it is released.  Doesn’t make sense to me. They want you to pre-order blindly?

Joe

EXACTLY! Ludicrous.
Cheers,
Doug

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:43 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Even though I am a huge fan of C1 Pro and a certified Capture One professional, I think it's a bit silly too but then you don't have to do it and I won't. Capture One 12 is simply the best RAW processing software out there today and you can always choose the upgrade when it comes out or not if you don't need the new features or the new camera/lens support. There are always plenty of discount codes available when a new version comes out.

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:29 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It's definitely not the UI although it is more customizable than any of the others. It's the ability to get detail out, to do true adjustment layers, things like lens cast calibration, etc, etc. There is a reason it is the standard in ultra high end fine art and fashion community.

12 posts |