Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by kferris on Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:51 pm
kferris
Forum Contributor
I hope someone here can help because Adobe has not been able to figure out my problem after three hours.

Step one, I open an image (Tiff file)
Step two I make a background copy
Step three I select a section of the background copy and make a curves adjustment on the selected section
Step four I link the curves adjustment to the background copy layer so it only applies to that layer
Step five, I go back to the background layer (not the background copy layer) and try to make a different curves adjustment and nothing happens.

I have the same problem if I make another background copy layer and try any adjustments on this additional layer.  It seems like Photoshop has locked and adjustments to additional layers after I make the first background copy.

Quick note, I have the same problem if I try any other adjustments as well, not just curves adjustments.

I never had this problem before and it only started when I had opened an older image in Camera raw, and tried to make some adjustments to this image.   I had been using this process on several other images prior to this without and problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 

by Phil Shaw on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:31 am
Phil Shaw
Forum Contributor
Member #:00106
If you want to make adjustments to the background layer you must first double click on it to change it to layer 0.
Phil Shaw
Essex, UK
[color=#008000][url]http://www.naturephotopro.com[/url][/color]

by kferris on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:22 pm
kferris
Forum Contributor
Phil,

Thanks for the response.  We had tried that as well.  I uninstalled all Adobe Cloud programs and reinstalled them and the problem is gone.

3 posts |