« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:43 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I just received the following email.  It looks like it actually came from Google but who knows. Regardless, I have no idea what "crawl issues" are, and I don't trust the email enough to just automatically click on the "Fix Issues" button.  Can anyone share a little light onto this?
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by DChan on Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:25 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
FWIW, I have no problem accessing your site and viewing the images:

https://www.simplynatureart.com/

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:42 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I only see one thing of note when doing a Google search. There is a line following the date indicating it was updated February 20, 2013. It is a series of 12 lowercase a’s and three lowercase i’s. I would post a link, but sometimes a general link doesn’t work on this site. Just google this and you should see it.

enchanted light photography

Site came up fine after clicking on the link that came up.

Edit: I noticed the message was about simplynatureart.com.  If you do that google search without the .com, it does not come up in the search results. With the .com included, it goes to your site. That may be what the message is referring to.

More info on crawl errors:

https://yoast.com/crawl-errors/

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by DChan on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:56 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Bill,

Perhaps I should have added that my default search engine is DuckDuckGo. After reading Joe's message, I searched "simplynatureart" without .com. Happy to report that your site is the second one in the DuckDuckGo's search results.

DChan

by Scott B on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 am
Scott B
Forum Contributor
I don't know anything about crawl errors but I did enjoy your website

by Bill Chambers on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:58 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Scott B wrote:I don't know anything about crawl errors but I did enjoy your website
Thank you, Scott, I appreciate that.  I'm still working on it and up to have it truly up and running within another couple of weeks.  It's up currently but I haven't announced it or pushed it yet.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by bradmangas on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:17 pm
bradmangas
Forum Contributor
The most likely culprit is a page that Google can not index. There are multiple reasons for this. Follow that link to "Fix Coverage Issues" and try to learn more detail about it. Google does provide additional info on these issues. I have had this myself in the past and since it required a good deal of investigation I can't say for sure what I finally found that solved it.

by Bill Chambers on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
bradmangas wrote:The most likely culprit is a page that Google can not index. There are multiple reasons for this. Follow that link to "Fix Coverage Issues" and try to learn more detail about it. Google does provide additional info on these issues. I have had this myself in the past and since it required a good deal of investigation I can't say for sure what I finally found that solved it.
Thank you, Brad.  I wanted to make sure it was safe to click on the button; sounds like it is.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by Terence P. Brashear on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:33 pm
Terence P. Brashear
Forum Contributor
Member #:00600
I have found that adding meta tags like <meta name="ROBOTS" content="index,follow"> to my php or html helps with indexing issues.
Terence P. Brashear
San Diego, CA
http://www.naturepixels.com
NSN #600

9 posts |