All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 35 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:44 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
OK, testing the new Nik with the new Affinity and many of the old issues are still present.  Namely:
- incorrect color preview in Viveza even though the colors in the Loupe are correct
- The ability to add Nik adjustments in a new layer is grayed out and it always adds the adjustment to the background layer.

You can always first do a duplicate layer and then apply the Nik tool of choice to it similar to how you do things in Topaz Studio (which works perfectly with Affinity BTW)

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:50 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
One other oddity, even though I deselected DXO PhotoLab and did not download it, the Nik installer went ahead and DL'd it for me and installed it anyway.

by DChan on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:41 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Mike in O wrote:Both of my machines running photolab2 elite got nik in the new download free (didn't have it before).

PhotoLab 2.3 now has a button to start Nik Collection in PhotoLab. I think what you saw is that button to start whatever Nik you have had installed. To find out if you have the latest version of Nik Collection, see if you can find this new feature:
... there are 40 new "En Vogue" styles/presets, which allow you to create unique images in a single click. These 40 presets are distributed across four plugins: 10 new recipes in Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro and Analog Efex Pro with the final dozen being added to HDR Efex Pro.
If not, you not getting the new Nik Collection free with your upgrade to PhotoLab 2.3.

by DChan on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Kerry wrote:I'm still using the Google version of the Nik plug-ins.  Can I assume that the latest set will work with PS CS6?  And does the current suite of plug-ins still include Viveza?  (I saw no mention of that particular plug-in in any of the things I've read about this latest offering.)
Please see one of my posts above (info straight from DxO customers support). Not all plug-ins are stand-alone now.

by DChan on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:55 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:One other oddity, even though I deselected DXO PhotoLab and did not download it, the Nik installer went ahead and DL'd it for me and installed it anyway.
Per DxO customer support, you're not buying just the Nik Collection. You're buying Nik Collection and its host software the PhotoLab Essential Edition.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
DChan wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:One other oddity, even though I deselected DXO PhotoLab and did not download it, the Nik installer went ahead and DL'd it for me and installed it anyway.
Per DxO customer support, you're not buying just the Nik Collection. You're buying Nik Collection and its host software the PhotoLab Essential Edition.
Yet when you go to DL it, it gives you two DL links, one for Nik, one for Color Lab.  I only DL's Nik but during the install it went and got the other one anyway.

by Mike in O on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:07 am
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
The button brings up the nik 2 suite which works fine...Checking for my old version of nik from 2013 and it is still there.

by DChan on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:16 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Mike in O wrote:The button brings up the nik 2 suite which works fine...Checking for my old version of nik from 2013 and it is still there.
But Mike, are you sure you are bringing up the Nik 2 suite? If you can find those new presets that come with the Nik 2 suite, it will be greatly appreciated that you tell me where to find them because I can't so far.

by DChan on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:20 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
DChan wrote:
Yet when you go to DL it, it gives you two DL links, one for Nik, one for Color Lab.  I only DL's Nik but during the install it went and got the other one anyway.
Well, funny things happen :)

Like I said before: will there still be a standalone version of Nik Collection in the future? I suspect one day there'll be none.

by DChan on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Saw this comment on dpreview's Retounching forum:
….that some of the apps (including Viveza) aren't high dpi-aware when run from Photoshop.  The interface appears in tiny text on a 4K screen.
And Viveza is not one of the standalone plug-ins. Coincidence?

by Mike in O on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 am
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Viveza 2 comes up just fine

by DChan on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:46 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Mike in O wrote:Viveza 2 comes up just fine

In PhotoLab? Of course, as intended :)

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:32 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
DChan wrote:
Mike in O wrote:Viveza 2 comes up just fine

In PhotoLab? Of course, as intended :)
In Photoshop and Affinity too...

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:45 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
A pretty decent video on the new Nik and if it's worth it or not:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5HeRXqSyKk

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:37 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
DChan wrote:Saw this comment on dpreview's Retounching forum:
….that some of the apps (including Viveza) aren't high dpi-aware when run from Photoshop.  The interface appears in tiny text on a 4K screen.
And Viveza is not one of the standalone plug-ins. Coincidence?
Viveza works fine as a stand-alone.  Just went to the programs folder, found the Viveza.exe file and it launched and worked perfectly without being launched from inside another application.  The video I linked above shows the narrator doing the same thing on a Mac and it works there too.

35 posts |