Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Wildflower-nut on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
I've been looking and this no longer appears to be available as a download for my laptop.  I've a copy of tpe_1_1_1.air  anyone know if that 2013 software is still viable on windows 10?  My install under windows 7 does not work anymore either.

by signgrap on Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:11 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
I believe everything is now done on the web, you longer have the app loaded on your computer.
There should be info on the website: http://app.photoephemeris.com
A lot of the change has to do with phones; as most people use this on there phones.
I think any saved info/places will work on the new version.
Dick Ludwig

by Jeff Colburn on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:10 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

I have the app on my phone. I never had it on my computer.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by Wildflower-nut on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:26 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
Gosh. What am I supposed to do if I don't have cell service and internet. Can't we have stand alone software anymore.

by DavidSutton on Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:30 am
DavidSutton
Forum Contributor
You could try http://stellarium.org/
I don't know anything about it, but it may be worth checking out.
If no one else has a solution, I can email you Ephemeris by Jonathan Sachs (under 300kb). It was free but is no longer listed on his website, and the help files aren't supported in Windows 8 and after, though Microsoft have a download which will allow you to read them.
I used it before TPE. Before leaving on a trip, you load in the lat and longitude, magnetic declination and time zone of a place you are visiting and it will list sun and moon rise and set times, and the direction. Also moon phase.
David
David Sutton

by Wildflower-nut on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:41 am
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the thought.

by stephentrainor on Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:55 pm
stephentrainor
Forum Contributor
Wildflower-nut wrote:Gosh.  What am I supposed to do if I don't have cell service and internet.  Can't we have stand alone software anymore.
Well... the original Adobe AIR version never ever worked offline either. Some folks thought it did because it was a downloadable app, but the maps, time zone and elevation data were pulled over the internet then just as they are now. No real change there.

The mobile apps all support offline maps and saved locations.

If you had saved locations in the (ancient) Adobe AIR version, we published instructions back in the day on how to export them as KML so you can re-import into the current web or mobile versions.

Cheers,

Stephen

7 posts |